Jim Mora’s 89th Birthday (1 Viewer)

I agree he should be in the Ring of Honor but shouldn't Coach Payton be there first? He brought us a Superbowl trophy even though Mora with Hebert was the first to bring us our first winning seasons.
This.

Brees will likely be the next person to go into the Ring of Honor (most deservedly so) and once Payton hangs his headset and visor up for good, he'll follow. Until then, I feel no other coach or player, respectively, should go in ahead of them.

Brees will be eligible for Canton in 2026, so his timer has started. It just depends on how they decide to end up doing it. For Mills' induction they did it in 2021, the season before he went into Canton as part of the 2022 class. For Andersen, he went in during the 2015 season but didn't make it to Canton until two years later as part of the 2017 class. PFHOF inductions aren't known until the Super Bowl the prior year, so the team may've felt it was time they were inducted when they start nearing that "finalist" category. However, with Brees that's nothing to be concerned with since he should be a 1st ballot inductee.

After Brees is in, sure do another player or two, but Payton has more than earned the right to be the first coach in. Had he not won a Super Bowl, I'd say Mora deserved to go in first (even without a playoff win) but he did. Payton returning to coaching just throws that timing out of whack. Damn sure don't want him coaching another team while his name is hanging on the Superdome façade.

Finks also deserves it, but he and Mora should go in together. That would feel right.
The fact that he isnt in the Ring of Honor and Aaron Brooks is speaks volumes imo.
Jackson, Roaf, Manning, Andersen, Mills, Benson, and Will Smith are the only ones in the Ring of Honor.

Believe you're thinking of the Saints Hall of Fame which Mora and Brooks are both in.

Playoffs:ROFLMAO::LOL: Happy B-day coach

ok idk if the Ring of Honor and the Saints Hall of Fame were the same thing (i always thought they were? idk) anyways, i wasnt trying to bash AB here, but Jim Mora literally took the Saints from the depths of purgatory hell and made the Saints relevant for an entire decade...he deserves much more recognition than he tends to get and is easily, by far, the 2nd best coach in Saints history and its not even close.

ok idk if the Ring of Honor and the Saints Hall of Fame were the same thing (i always thought they were? idk) anyways, i wasnt trying to bash AB here, but Jim Mora literally took the Saints from the depths of purgatory hell and made the Saints relevant for an entire decade...he deserves much more recognition than he tends to get and is easily, by far, the 2nd best coach in Saints history and its not even close.
Ring of Honor is different. They added it around 2015.

The KC scrimmage was in the 1992 training camp. If memory serves, the blown knee he refers to during the scrimmage rant was that of RB Allen Pinkett. He’d been with the Oilers for a few years and did fairly well there. He came to the Saints in “Plan B” free agency as depth with Dalton Hilliard and Craig Heyward. Our screen game was totally nonexistent until the Payton years, but Pinkett might’ve at least contributed a bit on that memorably limited, athlete-starved offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom