Joe Horn quote on Drew Brees... (1 Viewer)

The thing is though, Drew is developing that relationship with Colston already. He's easily Drew's favorite target!

Looks like Marques is becoming Drew's Antonio Gates. He already has the height. If he beefed up about 25 pounds, Marques would be the ideal size for a tight end.

Could you imagine a linebacker trying to cover Colston?

First time I have heard or read that quote. Somehow, it really doesnt surprise me. To me, just by what I have read and the interviews I have seen, having Brees as a friend or a team mate makes you a better person. Its amazing how these guys have came together. Just when I think things with the state of our New Orleans Saints couldnt get any better, I read another article about them.

Very blessed to be a New Orleans Saints fan!

Looks like Marques is becoming Drew's Antonio Gates. He already has the height. If he beefed up about 25 pounds, Marques would be the ideal size for a tight end.

Could you imagine a linebacker trying to cover Colston?

No kidding, look at the time defensive backs are having with him.

Hey, kfran, speaking of Gates, have you noticed a drop off in Gates' numbers in SD? I hadn't thought about it until I saw a piece on the top ten fantasy TE's this year and his name wasn't even on the list. I can't remember where I saw it now, wish I could, I had to look twice because I couldn't believe Gates wasn't on there.

One of the things that used to gripe me about the SD fans was the claim that Gates made Brees look good, and all the predictions that, without LT and Gates, Brees would be exposed for the mediocre talent that they thought he was all along.

First time I have heard or read that quote. Somehow, it really doesnt surprise me. To me, just by what I have read and the interviews I have seen, having Brees as a friend or a team mate makes you a better person. Its amazing how these guys have came together. Just when I think things with the state of our New Orleans Saints couldnt get any better, I read another article about them.

Very blessed to be a New Orleans Saints fan!

.... And that's the guy we have up in Pitt right now leading our team today. I'm very comfortable with that - More comfortable than I've ever been with a Saints QB.

Might sound corny, but when almost all the sports world is saying you're gonna lose, I love having Drew in the huddle and locker room today telling our guys otherwise - That's real leadership at the QB position.

Hey, kfran, speaking of Gates, have you noticed a drop off in Gates' numbers in SD? I hadn't thought about it until I saw a piece on the top ten fantasy TE's this year and his name wasn't even on the list. I can't remember where I saw it now, wish I could, I had to look twice because I couldn't believe Gates wasn't on there.

One of the things that used to gripe me about the SD fans was the claim that Gates made Brees look good, and all the predictions that, without LT and Gates, Brees would be exposed for the mediocre talent that they thought he was all along.

Hadn't realized that, mt15. Sorta of revealing, isn't it?

Yeah and it's through no fault of his own either. It's Rivers' choice to throw more to the WR's and LT out of the backfield than the TE's.

Yeah and it's through no fault of his own either. It's Rivers' choice to throw more to the WR's and LT out of the backfield than the TE's.

That makes sense. It's his comfort zone, if he has that freedom.

Did anyone esle notice that in his quote, Drew didn't say, "we're going to win a Super Bowl." ... He said, ‘I’m here to lead you to a Super Bowl."

How many other qb's in the league do you think has said that to their teammates?

I know they're probably a few. Just curious?

Did anyone esle notice that in his quote, Drew didn't say, "we're going to win a Super Bowl." ... He said, ‘I’m here to lead you to a Super Bowl."

How many other qb's in the league do you think has said that to their teammates?

I know they're probably a few. Just curious?

I would bet that a LOT of them say precisely that.

I appreciate your bringing up that quote again even if it was posted somehwere else earlier since my living out here on the Left Edge has me as a disadvantage whne it comes to staying up with all of what the players are saying about one another "especially" when Joe Horn talks about Drew Brees!

Man, I am IN LOVE with my SAINTS again and I couldn't be more happy! I don't want to be America's Team due to our plight from the storm and we're all recovering and such, I want the League to realize they've got a great organization to deal with who are focused and determined and TOGETHER as a unit! From Head Coach to Joe Horn to Drew to DEUCE to Colston and Bush and the return of Michael Lewis and on and on to the two first rounder picks we have at our DE's to the "Mighty Whities" at LB ( no racial hating going on just thought we should come up with "something" about these buys and their play)

Anyhow, reading Joe Horn's comments on Drew Brees and learning more and more about our Coaches and our players PLUS the WINS just keeps getting better and better for being a SAINTS fan!

The last five years just about broke my heart as is possible for a sports team to do that sort of thing to a person so to read and hear our guys talk about themselves and each other the way they have been conducting themselves on and off the field of play ,has me as in love with them as is humanly possible and once again consumed by all things SAINTS related!

Thanks again for the quote and please, keep 'em coming for those of us out of the insde loop of things regarding the team!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom