Joe Rogan Got PAID (Podcast Moving To Spotify) (1 Viewer)

We all know that word has a long history of being derogatory, degrading and dehumanizing. Did he use this word in historical context? But lets continue to give him a pass, and and allow a person like him to marginalize the usage and what it represents, especially coming from someone like him - considering people like him have a long history of using it to degrade and dehumanize. He also made a comment about referring to certain people (guess which) as apes, and that certain people (guess which) have different types of brains. Maybe theres no basis in reality for thinking he is racist for that too.

I was racist for the first half of my life. I grew up surrounded by racists.

Joe Rogan is not a racist IMO. It takes more than doing a few things that might be racist to make someone a racist.

Maybe my standards are different.

I was racist for the first half of my life. I grew up surrounded by racists.

Joe Rogan is not a racist IMO. It takes more than doing a few things that might be racist to make someone a racist.

Maybe my standards are different.
Maybe you're drawing a distinction between racism that can arise from a lack of knowledge but still occur without actual intent, versus more aggressive racism. Maybe passive versus active racism? I can see what your saying, but racism light is still racism.

Maybe you're drawing a distinction between racism that can arise from a lack of knowledge but still occur without actual intent, versus more aggressive racism. Maybe passive versus active racism? I can see what your saying, but racism light is still racism.

I think the difference between the racism that can be solved by awareness, and the racism that can't be is important.

I think people calling Joe Rogan racist are just trying to discredit him. There are plenty of other ways to do that though.

Calling people like that racist, only pushes them towards actual racists.

I think the difference between the racism that can be solved by awareness, and the racism that can't be is important.

I think people calling Joe Rogan racist are just trying to discredit him. There are plenty of other ways to do that though.

But you’re defining racism completely in terms of the source:
Defense Atty: Mr Rogan did you mean to be racist?
JR: I guess not
DA: well Case Closed!

wouldn’t it be more important to determine racism (or sexism or homophobia, et al) via the targets?

i definitely agree that there are plenty of other ways to discredit him.

wouldn’t it be more important to determine racism (or sexism or homophobia, et al) via the targets?

It depends on the context in which you are discussing it.

I don't' really want to go down a definition of racism thread where i end up looking like I am defending Joe Rogan, because he's not someone i am generally interested in defending.

The targets get to define racism? That would be a constantly moving target if true, and would make it difficult if the target moves the goal posts.

People have to agree to a definition of something before they can have an honest debate of the topic.

The targets get to define racism? That would be a constantly moving target if true, and would make it difficult if the target moves the goal posts.

People have to agree to a definition of something before they can have an honest debate of the topic.
They should be the predominant consideration, certainly
Otherwise we maintain the same status quo, gas-lighting nonsense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom