Joey Harrington Backup to Vick (1 Viewer)

Sebastian

Rookie
Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Joey Harrington on a two-year contract.

at espn.com

Once the "Joey" chants start Vick is gonna lose his confidence like Brooks did.

:biggthumpup:

Last edited:
I wonder if Jake will hear the "DAVID" chants?

I like Jake but not the panthers, therefore I don't like it when Jake plays well.

I'm sure Joey knows he has a better chance to take the reigns in 2 years in Atlanta...

So, in the meantime, another quality backup for Brees is signed by another division opponent. Getting a little worried here.

We already have a quality back-up... Jaime Martin. The only thing wrong with him is he's old, but the guy is a solid, solid back-up QB.

We need a CB, WR, and DT a whole heck of alot more than a new back-up QB.

So, in the meantime, another quality backup for Brees is signed by another division opponent. Getting a little worried here.

I will never understand why some people on this forum are scared of 2 recent draft busts. Harrington is WORSE than Carr ... He had a pretty potent offense in Detroit (Jon Kitna sure as hell used it), and did crap.

They both suck, so why is everyone worried?

Great... another bum backup QB in the division to back up a bum starting QB... I love it... all we need now is for Chris Simms or Jake "Liquid" Plummer to come in and back up Garcia... oh wait...

We already have a quality back-up... Jaime Martin. The only thing wrong with him is he's old, but the guy is a solid, solid back-up QB.

We need a CB, WR, and DT a whole heck of alot more than a new back-up QB.

I don't agree completely. Our offense if based on quick reads and releases and Martin showed when he played that he is very slow reading and reacting. He looked terrible and I would not feel comfortable with him as the QB for any length of time. I certainly agree we need a CB, WR and DT, but why would that preclude us from signing depth?

I don't agree completely. Our offense if based on quick reads and releases and Martin showed when he played that he is very slow reading and reacting. He looked terrible and I would not feel comfortable with him as the QB for any length of time. I certainly agree we need a CB, WR and DT, but why would that preclude us from signing depth?

Are you talking about the Panthers game, in which Martin looked terrible, or some preseason game? I'll have to watch that Panthers game again because I thought, as a whole, the team competed pretty well without several key players.

Are you talking about the Panthers game, in which Martin looked terrible, or some preseason game? I'll have to watch that Panthers game again because I thought, as a whole, the team competed pretty well without several key players.

I agree with you completely. I am happy with what Martin did considering he had pretty much no offensive starters helping him out. I will never fault him, and I will always give him the utmost respect for getting his old butt up after every sack / hit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom