Joey Harrington Backup to Vick (1 Viewer)

I don't agree completely. Our offense if based on quick reads and releases and Martin showed when he played that he is very slow reading and reacting. He looked terrible and I would not feel comfortable with him as the QB for any length of time. I certainly agree we need a CB, WR and DT, but why would that preclude us from signing depth?

Dude... Drew Brees would have looked terrible with our JV O-line playing against Peppers, Rucker, and their DTs. And our backup skill guys were in there too...

Don't forget Martin played in Martz's system, and excelled... and that system is definitely based on making reads and accurate throws... don't let that Carolina game fool you... Martin is nice.

Dude... Drew Brees would have looked terrible with our JV O-line playing against Peppers, Rucker, and their DTs. And our backup skill guys were in there too...

Don't forget Martin played in Martz's system, and excelled... and that system is definitely based on making reads and accurate throws... don't let that Carolina game fool you... Martin is nice.

Dude...I have seen enough of Martin to know I would not feel comfortable with him for any extended period of time. He takes too many sacks and does not seem to make quick enough decisions.

There goes the Raiders chances at a salvageable season. I'm just bitter the Raiders didn't take Harrington b/c now they probably will take a QB instead of CJ. That makes CJ possibly available for TB.

I'm not comfortable with Martin as the Saints backup either. I would have preferred Harrington any day. I agree with the poster here who said that Martin just looks slow both speedwise and in his reads. But I'm no scout so it may have just been a bad game.

I think Payton has Fife in the wings to win the #2 this year.

No doubt about that, Martins days as our #2 are numbered with Fife signing a 4 year contract. I wonder if Payton is planning on turning Jamie Martin into a Jason Garret? He was listed as 3rd on Miami's depth chart a few years ago, but was really there just to teach ... Then he 'retired' and signed on as the QB coach.

Perhaps Martin will do the same?

No doubt about that, Martins days as our #2 are numbered with Fife signing a 4 year contract. I wonder if Payton is planning on turning Jamie Martin into a Jason Garret? He was listed as 3rd on Miami's depth chart a few years ago, but was really there just to teach ... Then he 'retired' and signed on as the QB coach.

Perhaps Martin will do the same?

Don't know, but I personally would be happy with that.

Maybe Martin will be traded after training camp?

I wonder if Jake will hear the "DAVID" chants?

I like Jake but not the panthers, therefore I don't like it when Jake plays well.

I personally believe the chant will go "We want Carr". It flows off the tongue a bit better, and will sound a bit more clearer when 60,000 strong are chanting it Week 2

"Joooooooooeeeeeeeeey" will no doubt be heard in the GA dome.

Falcons also released CB Kevin Mathis. Another available vet corner, though it looks like he is starting to rack up the injuries. (missed 2005, second half of 06)

they really don't care about character and leadership at qb over there?? vick and now joey, wow can someone please lead this team.

David Carr and Joey Harrington shouldn't really worry anyone.

Exactly.

Think of it like this:

Right now, Carolina is starting Delhomme and Atlanta is starting Vick.

Now replace that with Carr in Carolina and Harrington in Atl.

You can't tell me you'd honestly be more scared of the teams as a whole.

It is going to be fun watching the saints sack him while vick is on the bench with yet another injury. I have seen this guy play a lot and he stinks. He is either on his back or walking off after throwing a pick.

they really don't care about character and leadership at qb over there?? vick and now joey, wow can someone please lead this team.

Joey Harrington is a great leader and has fantastic character. He's been known for that throughout his career, both in college and the NFL.

Watch more football.

Last edited:
Harrington is WORSE than Carr

redxmarkhm8.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom