John sigler- the only real critic of the saints-Doug Pederson pass (3 Viewers)

We all know QB is the most important position on a football team, and Jacksonville has a young, big QB with potential who seems to be improving, whereas the Saints don't. That said, Jacksonville was 3-14 last year and 1-15 in 2021 with Trevor Lawrence, and now they've just won a playoff game. Pederson has engineered a remarkable turnaround of the franchise in just one season. Contrast that with DA losing two more games than his predecessor despite retaining the core of Payton's team and almost his entire coaching staff. We're not moving in the right direction.
I can get with that
The point of my snark is that while we desperately want a silver bullet solution, the likelihood is rather small

Pederson this year and SP in 06 had almost zero expectations and both happened into a QB situation with qbs poised for redemption stories
We’re kinda the opposite now - a fan base with overcooked expectations, sunset qbs and an unwieldy cap situation
I’d much rather the fanbase embrace that we’re in for a slog vs hoping that we’d waved a different magic wand last year

I’d much rather the fanbase embrace that we’re in for a slog vs hoping that we’d waved a different magic wand last year
We better be prepared for a prolonged slog then because this looks more like continuity of the end of the Haslett regime than anything else.

They have a very talented young QB to build around. That’s more important than the coach there. You stick a talented young QB on the saints and we are in the playoffs this year and last. We are undervaluing the QB position and over valuing the coaches.

Loomis does not want change, that should be obvious to everyone

What's been lost in all this is that Pederson pulled a team together that was scarred last year from a horrific coaching experience. To be able to turn this team around and have them trust him and want to play for him so much that they overcome a 27-0 deficit speaks volumes about him as a coach. Payton was a motivator, and Pederson is too. Compare that to DA. Milquetoast press conferences, Kamara saying no one is held accountable, the players rallying around Jameis for the Walter Payton award because of how he dealt with "adversity"(losing his job for seemingly no reason). I wanted Pederson during the coaching search and I've seen no reason to feel any different based on this season.

Last edited:
He was my number one choice. Risk taker that won a SB beating Brady/Belicheck in a shoot out with a backup QB. Plus, he lives in Monroe! Terrible decision not to hire this man.

He was mine as well. Anyone who beats a Tom Brady-led team, while using plays like the Philly Special, with a Nick Foles, in a dang Super Bowl, is a guy who I want leading my team. Dude got a raw deal from Philly’s upper management and took the whipping like a professional. He didn’t throw anyone under the bus. He didn’t complain. He just knew that he needed 1 shot at being a HC again.

Doesn't Dennis Allen have a great record vs Tom Brady, disregarding this year?

There was not much context where they were going to seriously consider anyone but passing the torch to DA, especially with how the defense was dominant at the end of the season a year ago.

Saying they should've hired Peterson is jut wishcasting the past.

They have a very talented young QB to build around. That’s more important than the coach there. You stick a talented young QB on the saints and we are in the playoffs this year and last. We are undervaluing the QB position and over valuing the coaches.
Do you think they’re moving on to the second round with our staff?

Doesn't Dennis Allen have a great record vs Tom Brady, disregarding this year?

So disregarding this year DA is 1-0 against Tom Brady. That wasn’t even DA’s team bc it was SP’s team. How is this applicable to a HC who beat Tom Brady in a Super Bowl???

Would that it were. Sigh.

Me, last night, every time they cut to Doug Pederson in the second half, and thinking about what might have been:

george-clooney-listen.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom