Just got back from the CWS..... (1 Viewer)

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ok I live here in Omaha and I've been to the last 4 games...... whats painfully obvious to me is that every team seems to have depleated pitching.... I was routing for Georgia tonight and they got whipped after blowing a 5 run lead in the 3rd inning. Other issues I want to take issue on, the security guards are a bunch of *******s..... we were sitting in the bleachers and of coarse the beach balls break out between innings, and the "rentaguards" made special efforts to take the balls away. no wonder the games have not sold out this year.they want to take all the fun away from the fans. Speaking of,,,,, i truely believe the mayor here in omaha is a jerk. all this fighting between him and the city council has soured many locals here in attending the CWS. In case you do not know the story,,,,,, the mayor basically backdoored getting a new stadium downtown, which will replace Rosenblatt stadium by 2010. one of the city council members, steve sokol, has went on record to vote against this stadium because everyone and their mother knows the taxpayers will wind up flipping the bill for an unnecassary stadium. well anyway, i hope people here who may have come to omaha for the cws had a good time. I wish i had set up some sort of SSF get together here in omaha for those who were here for LSU. People in Omaha love when the LSU fans are here cuz they really love to party! Ok Im done rambling!

Ok I live here in Omaha and I've been to the last 4 games...... whats painfully obvious to me is that every team seems to have depleated pitching.... I was routing for Georgia tonight and they got whipped after blowing a 5 run lead in the 3rd inning. Other issues I want to take issue on, the security guards are a bunch of *******s..... we were sitting in the bleachers and of coarse the beach balls break out between innings, and the "rentaguards" made special efforts to take the balls away. no wonder the games have not sold out this year.they want to take all the fun away from the fans. Speaking of,,,,, i truely believe the mayor here in omaha is a jerk. all this fighting between him and the city council has soured many locals here in attending the CWS. In case you do not know the story,,,,,, the mayor basically backdoored getting a new stadium downtown, which will replace Rosenblatt stadium by 2010. one of the city council members, steve sokol, has went on record to vote against this stadium because everyone and their mother knows the taxpayers will wind up flipping the bill for an unnecassary stadium. well anyway, i hope people here who may have come to omaha for the cws had a good time. I wish i had set up some sort of SSF get together here in omaha for those who were here for LSU. People in Omaha love when the LSU fans are here cuz they really love to party! Ok Im done rambling!

I absolutely loooooooooooove going to Omaha for the CWS (especially when LSU is playing...) I've only been once, but I'd love to go back when LSU is really playing well and can do some damage. I think the reason the CWS didn't sell out this year is because the economy isn't doing well... It's so dang expensive to even GET to Omaha, let alone pay for hotels, food, ticket prices, etc. Once the economy bounces back, I'm sure Omaha will be back in full force...

Do you know if the new stadium will feature greater seating capacity or offer better luxury boxes? What's the primary motivation for a new stadium? I haven't really checked out the downtown area, but the current location seems like such a great location with the zoo and everything there. All the kids loooove going to that zoo. It would be a shame to change locations, but perhaps there's some pretty cool stuff downtown that will allow it to maintain it's FAMILY environment. Good American values and wholesome family traditions are what baseball is all about... Things like Zesty's ice cream, and the zoo, and lots of room to play catch with your little boy while waiting for the next game... I don't want to change that culture. It's just a good time.

And any of you chickens out there who haven't gone yet? You need to get there one day! It's a great experience! Geaux Tigers!!!

here is a link to the new stadium http://www.omahastadium.com/
for the record, the NCAA went on record to say we did not require a new stadium in order to keep the CWS here in Omaha. And I also heard that Zesto's has no intention on moving downtown with the new stadium This whole thing is a bummer for us strapped tax payers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom