Just how fast is Rashid Shaheed ? (4 Viewers)

Yep.

Also to add to this, there is speed, but there is also “how fast are you with football gear on and with players on the field impeding you” speed. Not everyone carries their playing equipment the same nor plays the same when facing defenders.

Shaheed has a sudden-ness to his speed, incredible burst in and out of breaks. So while his long speed may not be as good as some of the players illustrated above, his catlike quickness makes his speed just as effective if not more effective for the standard 4 to 7 second NFL play.
Hit the nail on the head. We've seen track guys try to play football and they can't play a lick because it's not as simple as just running really fast.

Shaheed's greatest strength is his burst. He reaches top speed in the blink of an eye and he can maintain that speed during his route. Corners have absolutely no margin for error. If he gets behind you, it's over.

He's plenty fast but that's really not what makes him effective.....it's elite quickness and change of direction, cutting on a dime.....would much rather see the quickness numbers 10-20 splits and such....

40 times are the most overrated measurable in history IMO

Gosh, it's like you guys just skipped over my post....I kind of said all that already, but my feelings aren't hurt.....much......:)
The thing about Shaheed is that he's not only fast, he knows how to use his speed. A lot of guys can run really fast in a straight line but football isn't played in a straight line most of the time. Rashid is able to maintain his speed in his routes. Dude is deadly and he's just getting started.

Yep.

Also to add to this, there is speed, but there is also “how fast are you with football gear on and with players on the field impeding you” speed. Not everyone carries their playing equipment the same nor plays the same when facing defenders.

Shaheed has a sudden-ness to his speed, incredible burst in and out of breaks. So while his long speed may not be as good as some of the players illustrated above, his catlike quickness makes his speed just as effective if not more effective for the standard 4 to 7 second NFL play.

Using his 100m as a benchmark he would be tied for the 89th fastest woman on the planet if he was a woman.

For a man, he wouldn't even qualify to run in the men's 100m high school championship in the state of Texas.

But he's a good football player.

Seen on twitter someone called him “Speed Shaheed” … good name for him.

Undrafted free agent, boy were we lucky to beat out 31 other teams.

Gosh, it's like you guys just skipped over my post....I kind of said all that already, but my feelings aren't hurt.....much......:)

Hadn’t read the whole thread, probably would have still contributed what I did even if I had though. 😂

Worth remembering the fastest great player of all was Darrell Green.
40: 4.09 (rumoured)
60: 6.10
100: 10.08
And wow could be play too

Yup, great player, but for a CB he had the somethings that are way more important than speed....he had great instincts, quickness and fluidity......

He’s incredible. Wonder why he slipped all the way to UDFA?
Small school, unknown potential to be more than a returner, and shredded his knee during his senior season. Other teams were vying for him in UDFA, though, as evidenced by us giving him the maximum amount and getting lucky enough that the mind games worked and he sneaked through waivers during final cutdown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom