Saints Just ran into a WhoDat overseas (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
His name is Joshua (from Destrehan). He saw my Saints shirt, and introduced himself.

How cool 😎 is that?!?!?

Oh, yeah… my wife and I are visiting Istanbul, TU 🇹🇷

Anybody ever run into a WhoDat in an unusual spot outside of NOLA?
:gosaints:

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpeg
    IMG_3418.jpeg
    851.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
The most surprising one to me was this family of totem pole carvers in Hoonah, Alaska last August. I was trying to get a good minute video of them just carving and it was tough because they kept talking to me about the Saints. Especially when they found out I was a season ticket holder because they’ve never been to a game.

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5880.jpeg

Love it. Used to run into Saints fans all the time on dive trips to Cozumel. Always met in Dallas when they came to get on the charter. Way back when, you could spot those Saints shirts from a mile away. Since Katrina, Saints shirts are pretty common around here. Especially on Friday in Firsta.

It wasn't really all that unusual, but I will never forget the first time I went to a real, live Saints game in Atlanta in the very early 80's and being around other Saints fans for the first time evah. I was super-excited. At that time you never ran into other Saints fans in Birmingham, although it is very common now. Hell, we even have The Rougaroux which is a proper Saints bar. I was talking the ears off of everyone I saw in Saints gear and probably creeping them out. :hihi:

I'd STILL say that was my third most exciting Saints moment right behind winning the Superbowl and finding SR.com. And just for the record, we kicked the Atlanta's arse.

Love it. Used to run into Saints fans all the time on dive trips to Cozumel. Always met in Dallas when they came to get on the charter. Way back when, you could spot those Saints shirts from a mile away. Since Katrina, Saints shirts are pretty common around here. Especially on Friday in Firsta.
There used to be a “Fat Tuesday” restaurant on the island. It was Saints themed, not sure if it is still there.

His name is Joshua (from Destrehan). He saw my Saints shirt, and introduced himself.

How cool 😎 is that?!?!?

Oh, yeah… my wife and I are visiting Istanbul, TU 🇹🇷

You're the one on the left, right? :ezbill:

Agree with the others, I saw a lot more Saints gear a few years ago than I do now. Fair weather fans indeed.

I was out running one Saturday morning a few years back. I had my Saints shirt on, and a guy in a pickup stopped "Y'all a Saints fan?" So of course we talked for about 30 mins on the side of the road. Turns out he was from LA and was doing some radar contractor work at our airport. He wrapped up that week so we wished each other well, and wished the Saints well, and got on with it.

@MarylandWHODAT and I met in a bar in 1994ish when he was watching the Saints game. I saw his Saints jersey, walked over and said "How we doing?" Been friends since, and for years referred to each other as "the other Saints fan in town" :hihi:

Last edited:
The most surprising one to me was this family of totem pole carvers in Hoonah, Alaska last August. I was trying to get a good minute video of them just carving and it was tough because they kept talking to me about the Saints. Especially when they found out I was a season ticket holder because they’ve never been to a game.

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5880.jpeg
Go back, get that totem pole, and bring it here. It would be a great addition to my landscaping!

There used to be a “Fat Tuesday” restaurant on the island. It was Saints themed, not sure if it is still there.

Oh yes, still kicking I believe. It has been a few years. Hell. maybe more than a few now.

Are we talking Puerta Maya? There’s a Fat Tuesday bar there but I don’t know if I’d call it saints themed. Next to it is Senorita Margarita which I noticed had some Saints decor. But it’s all because they know 2-3 cruise ships from New Orleans come through there every week. But on the other hand even more ships come from galveston and I haven’t noticed cowboys or Texans decor in the bars.

IMG_6002.jpeg

The one by the pier is the only one I remember. But then again. Dive trips generally consists of a a couple dives in the morning. Some afternoon day drinking, a nap, an easy night dive, and then drink mas. And mas. rinse and repeat. Except for the last day when we got drunk at Marley’s and the naked iguana Probably still have a T-shirt up on the ceiling in one of those places. All seems pretty blurry now

The one by the pier is the only one I remember. But then again. Dive trips generally consists of a a couple dives in the morning. Some afternoon day drinking, a nap, an easy night dive, and then drink mas. And mas. rinse and repeat. Except for the last day when we got drunk at Marley’s and the naked iguana Probably still have a T-shirt up on the ceiling in one of those places. All seems pretty blurry now

Must’ve been a different one if it was a dive trip. Puerta Maya you’d have to be on a cruise to get into.

Must’ve been a different one if it was a dive trip. Puerta Maya you’d have to be on a cruise to get into.

Looks like there is one downtown I haven’t been to.

IMG_6003.jpeg

Like I said. It’s all a bit blury. I remember it was in the mist of all the bars and restaurants and I thought the pier was across the street. I remember seeing the ferries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom