Saints Just ran into a WhoDat overseas (1 Viewer)

Like I said. It’s all a bit blury. I remember it was in the mist of all the bars and restaurants and I thought the pier was across the street. I remember seeing the ferries

Yeah there are 3 different cruise ship terminals. One is downtown. That’s probably the one you saw. Then there’s ferry that goes to Playa Del Carmen. Also downtown. Most of the cruise ships are about 2-3 miles away.

Was in the Philippines 🇵🇭 two years back, rocking my (Vilma) jersey, walking in this flee market place called the "Divisoria". This Filipino guy was wearing a Brees jersey. He hollered "WHO DAT" from across the mall. In my surprise, I was looking around frantically to see who said that. I spotted him, and he gave me the what's up sign, and head nod. And to my ultimate shock, he said "F **k THE FALCONS!!"

Fat Tuesdays is the name for New Orleans original daiquiris outside of Louisiana

The most surprising one to me was this family of totem pole carvers in Hoonah, Alaska last August. I was trying to get a good minute video of them just carving and it was tough because they kept talking to me about the Saints. Especially when they found out I was a season ticket holder because they’ve never been to a game.

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5880.jpeg
What - no Fleur de Lis on that Totem Pole????

; - )

His name is Joshua (from Destrehan). He saw my Saints shirt, and introduced himself.

How cool 😎 is that?!?!?

Oh, yeah… my wife and I are visiting Istanbul, TU 🇹🇷

Anybody ever run into a WhoDat in an unusual spot outside of NOLA?
:gosaints:
A woman Who Dat'd us while she was sitting at the fountain in Foley Square in front of the courthouse in lower Manhattan as we walked by (2012).

Another woman Who Dat'd us in the general store outside of Mariposa Grove in Yosemite National Park (2010)

Been Who Dat'd by a lot of blokes in London; but, to be fair, we were there for the Saints games so it wasn't that odd. Turkey is SUPER random!

Last edited:
I spent six months working in several different countries in Asia last year.. i had never set foot on the entire continent of Asia before; my first stop was NRT airport in Tokyo.. I disembarked the plane, stepped into the airport, and the very first person i see is an Asian guy wearing a Saints ballcap.. i was wearing a Saints tshirt, so i gave him a ’Whodat!’ .. i hoped he would understand me.. he shouts back ‘Where ya at, baby ?!’.. turns out he was on vacation in Japan and getting ready to catch a flight back to NOLA, and lives on the West Bank…. that’s a true story.. if that guy happens to read this, let me know !

Last edited:
I always represent the Saints around my suburb in Melbourne, I have had quite a few interactions with fellow members of the Whodat nation, mostly native born Australians like myself but occasionally people from the U.S. I was walking around my local supermarket when a guy started to talk to me, turns out he was from Louisiana originally and lived in my suburb with his Australian wife. He loved the Ravens and the Saints, talked about Louisiana and the Saints, it was a nice experience.

I ran across a Saints fan at a Turkish restaurant in Accra, Ghana ( he was a yank though)

His name is Joshua (from Destrehan). He saw my Saints shirt, and introduced himself.

How cool 😎 is that?!?!?

Oh, yeah… my wife and I are visiting Istanbul, TU 🇹🇷

Anybody ever run into a WhoDat in an unusual spot outside of NOLA?
I was living in Bogota, Colombia and went on vacation to Medellin. This was the week before the Minny miracle game, so I was rocking my saints stuff even though 99.99% of Colombians had no idea what sport my clothes represented.

Anyway, I was walking down the street w my wife’s family (Colombians who I made sure to gift Saints clothes too at every occasion) and my family, about 15 total in our group, and a handful of us had black and gold paraphernalia on. While waiting at a stop light to cross the street, I see a guy on the opposite corner wearing a saints shirt. It’s not uncommon to see NFL team clothing in South America but the people usually don’t know what they’re wearing as I assume they were charity donations, and this dude looked Latino, so I was hesitant.

I couldn’t let it pass tho, so I screamed “WHO DAT” and this dude got a huge smile on his face, screamed it back, but didn’t know where we were so he’s looking around in every direction except straight ahead bc he somehow didn’t see us. All the other Colombians in the area had no idea what was happening and were looking at us like we were nuts. Then as we started crossing the street towards each other he noticed us, so we chatted for a sec. He was from Slidell. His name was Jeff. We had a beer then went about our day. Funny and cool moment. Terrible ending to the game.

I was on a visitors tour, and ran into a few more WhoDats (here in Antalya, TU). Their group was mainly from Baton Rouge.

Yes… the guy in the middle is wearing an LSU shirt.

IMG_3610.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom