K Wil Lutz traded to the Broncos for a 2024 7th round pick (4 Viewers)

i don't think the practice squad players count toward the cap.
They definitely count against the cap.
Yes, once the season has started, all players – whether on the 53-man roster, Injured Reserve (IR), Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) or the Practice Squad (PS) – count against the team’s Salary Cap. The only players that do not count against the Salary Cap are players who are on one of the NFL’s exempt lists.

No. Respectfully disagree. Hope this does not come back to bite us and cost us close games.
You say this, but you still have yet to provide any counter argument as to why a kicker traded for a seventh is not a fair price or the going rate for the position.

You claimed Payton picked our pocket, now it's a cost cutting measure, I think you're just opposed to change. Probably because it makes you anxious (which I get as a fan), but the team makes calls like these every day. If you're going to second guess them (also your right) you need a more compelling argument IMO to get people to agree with you.

This aged very well:

After the trade, Chris Tomasson of the Denver Gazette asked Lutz’s agent, John Perla, about his client losing the Saints’ job to Grupe. Perla had a fiery response.

“He didn’t lose his job,” the agent told Tomasson. “The Saints just made a poor decision. The better player is not the one who is left on the Saints’ roster, I’ll tell you that.”

This aged very well:

After the trade, Chris Tomasson of the Denver Gazette asked Lutz’s agent, John Perla, about his client losing the Saints’ job to Grupe. Perla had a fiery response.

“He didn’t lose his job,” the agent told Tomasson. “The Saints just made a poor decision. The better player is not the one who is left on the Saints’ roster, I’ll tell you that.”

open mouth, insert foot.

Good luck selling your other clients potential to teams, as you see it lol.

After one game, this looks like a genius move by the Saints. Hope it holds up. I'll be pulling for Grupe that's for sure.

Can't blame Lutz's agent, he's just doing his job, but the truth is Lutz has not been the same since his abdominal injury.

Him over Grupe. Apparently this was a cost cutting move that could come back to bite them. It could cost them games if the kid chokes under pressure. Sean Payton is no idiot. Lutz is the more dependable option. But like Roby, they are into cost cutting. We will see how that turns out.
Definitely Cost cutting. Lutz cost us a couple games last year. He already cost the Broncos their first game.

Sean Payton is most certainly easily blinded by pettiness... so yes, he can certainly be an idiot. Calling Ambush vs the Raiders, signing Lutz after he's fallen from grace, keeping starters in blow out games too often costing Mike Thomas 3 years of his career. Sean Payton is NOT the droid you people have been fooled by. Brees is that driod.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom