Kamara’s 6tds wrecked a lot of fantasy player’s dreams (1 Viewer)

Is ur name David?? Lol

My opponent has him... 53 pts. From one player.

I was giddy bc I have Brady, but then checked score to see they SAT HIM the second half.

Our ESPN league is a 2 week playoff, but I'm off to awful hill to climb.

Oh and I don't care. Lol I was rooting for every TD.

Oh and my 2nd overall CMAC played all of like 4 games.

Nah, it's a work league with some contract weather guys I was in Afghanistan with last year.

He was projected to get 19.72 and got 60.70.

Wrecked mines, I was ranked #1 for 12 weeks I go into the playoffs still holding the #1 ranking and just my luck my opponent has the Kamara card. Games are not over yet but I know I'm done.

I quit FF for stuff just like this lol. Make it to the playoffs and have some player on the other side just happen to have some off-the-chart performance...just against you. The last time I played FF was about 5 years ago. I had the highest scoring team in the league. A girl in our league had the 2nd LOWEST scoring team (1st lowest was someone who had quit mid season.) She made the playoffs because EVERY one of her matchups had her winning by like 5-10 points. Every time someone played her they had their poorest offensive showing of the season. I played her in the regular season and it happened to me. So I got her in the first round of the playoffs. Guess what happened? My team scored one of it's lowest outings of the season and got knocked out. She ended up winning it all because the next two teams she played also scored their lowest outings of the season. It was bizarre to say the least. I have enough stress in my life without worrying about FF lol.

It's all about finding the medium consistent players that worked for me. Never had the best, but always enough to prevail through the season. I also would pick a WR from the draft that I thought would make an impact. Usually was always a good pick up.

Wrecked mines, I was ranked #1 for 12 weeks I go into the playoffs still holding the #1 ranking and just my luck my opponent has the Kamara card. Games are not over yet but I know I'm done.

Same here. Entered 11-2

Started 1-2 went on 10 game winning streak.

I texted the group saying I'm cool w 2nd place lol

After he scored his 6th I started thinking about how many championships he just won across the country. 55 points from a RB?! That would be a HUGE day for a QB. That's Mahomes going off numbers. But for a RB that's just unreal.

I had Jamal Lewis when he went for 295 and 2 TDs. He ended up with 41 points. AK almost reached that with just the 36 points from TDs.

I love these Reddit comments.......

That is why I don't play Fantasy Football.
Took up too much of my time. Had friends get upset when a Saints player did or did not do good and the team won.

Got tired of all that crap.

If you get enjoyment out of it, great. It's just not for me. Rather watch and enjoy a real game and not worry about fake points from a player for my fake team.

Last edited:
I've personally benefited from both the Jamaal and Kamara games now. Sadly the latter is only for a third place consolation game.

I quit FF for stuff just like this lol. Make it to the playoffs and have some player on the other side just happen to have some off-the-chart performance...just against you. The last time I played FF was about 5 years ago. I had the highest scoring team in the league. A girl in our league had the 2nd LOWEST scoring team (1st lowest was someone who had quit mid season.) She made the playoffs because EVERY one of her matchups had her winning by like 5-10 points. Every time someone played her they had their poorest offensive showing of the season. I played her in the regular season and it happened to me. So I got her in the first round of the playoffs. Guess what happened? My team scored one of it's lowest outings of the season and got knocked out. She ended up winning it all because the next two teams she played also scored their lowest outings of the season. It was bizarre to say the least. I have enough stress in my life without worrying about FF lol.

hey...when I was playing FF I picked up Nick Foles, this was his first stint with the Eagles. He threw 7 tds that one game and I still lost that game. I was mad 😡. But yeah I get your frustration.

Playing in 3rd place game this year, they have Kamara so I’m definitely finishing 4th

That is why I don't play Fantasy Football.
Took up too much of my time. Had friends get up upset when a Saints player did or did not do good and the team won.

Got tired of all that crap.

If you get enjoyment out of it, great. It's just not for me. Rather watch and enjoy a real game and not worry about fake points from a player for my fake team.

Yeah I had to walk away a few years ago after playing for 20 years. You don't realize until you stop just how much time you spend on it. It's a grind if you're trying to win it all. Stressful as hell lol. Now I can just enjoy the games instead of watching the stats crawl across the bottom of the screen all day.

I had Jamal Lewis when he went for 295 and 2 TDs.
I was actually at that game because I got a free ticket from a buddy.

The Browns just couldn't stop Jamal Lewis that day. That was, at the time, the highest rushing total in a game in NFL history. The crowd wanted Billick to give him the ball late in the 4th so he could get to 300 yards, but he never did, and Billick was booed relentlessly.

Interestingly enough, Adrian Peterson beat Jamal's record by a yard a few years later at 296, so perhaps we were right to boo Billick. :hihi:

I don't understand....well, I sort of do. But I've never spent more than 10-15 minutes per week tweaking rosters. Watching the games is something I already do. The only part of fantasy that takes up a bit of time is the draft, and for me, that's typically an hour or 2 on draft day. Now, if you're in multiple leagues, that can add up pretty quickly.

I placed 1st in quite few yahoo leagues over the years from like 2009-2016 or something, never played every year though.

But one of the things I noticed after the last time I played I think which was 2016 (placed 3rd) is how inconsistent it is now, more than ever.

Like one of the draft strategies for me was drafting QB first, RB 2nd, then WR. Most everyone would take RB first though. But I started noticing last time I played and even now that their is nothing really certain performance wise to really start out, most sure pick is Mahomes in 1st and then its such a considerable drop off on where you go after that with the likelyhood Kamara and Henry is gone by the time the 2nd pick happens. Then it start to become a guessing a game, prior to about 2016 or 2015 you had some sure picks or an idea where to go, now its inconsistent and the end result is up for grabs on anyone. 2016 when I last I played came down to 1 player having a higher than usual performance each game in the playoffs pretty much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom