Klint Kubiak's First off-season interview (1 Viewer)

It makes sense if you're the 98 Falcons with Jamal Anderson, or the Titans with Derrick Henry.
Seeing as though he comes from the Shanahan tree, are we going to the 98 Broncos style of running, or the 98 Falcons?
Neither, he’s speaking of a mindset. That’s why he said 8 man fronts. (You’re not supposed to be able to run against it) Same as, we want to run successfully when they know we’re going to run. It’s about dictating the offensive attack to the defense. I think he’s bringing up the “running” face because it’s the beginning of the teaching of the new system and not the endgame product. When you’re able to run whenever you want you control the flow of the game. Remember last year? We had trouble running against all fronts. (And it didn’t help that we were predictable with our running calls corresponding to the player package either). I don’t think he’s speaking of a specific style, (falcons/broncos). Because Gary Kubiak said, he wants Klint to put his own spin on it, to be the “Klint Kubiak” offense. With that said, we have no idea what it’s going to look like, until we start seeing it in camp etc.

Run heavy play action offense. Cool. Wait, we don’t have a powerful running back. Someone should’ve thought about this at some point
It’s wide zone. Terrell Davis wasnt a “power runner” even by todays standards. We do have two explosive RBs in Kamara and Miller who can benefit and I’m sure there’s a Mike Bell role for Williams.

It makes sense if you're the 98 Falcons with Jamal Anderson, or the Titans with Derrick Henry.
Seeing as though he comes from the Shanahan tree, are we going to the 98 Broncos style of running, or the 98 Falcons?
Hey I found a good article that really explains this. The system will be a run focused system, which is a good thing. What makes the system great, is when an elite QB is added to run it. (I know that pretty much goes for every system). But it is what makes this system go from 3 yards and a pile of dust, see Mike Shanahan led Wash team. As you know they never were able to find a solid QB. Compare that to ATL in their Superbowl season (the one they had 28-3 lead mid way thru the 3rd quarter vs NE), If you recall, prior to that meltdown, ATL was awesome that year on offensive. (Kyle Shanahan was the OC) Just go look at the stats if you don’t remember. The credit goes to Matt Ryan for taking that team to heights that never seen before). A more recent example is whenMcVay added Stafford, that offense was dominant and didn’t look like a one dimensional running team, but a high flying juggernaut. So I can see Derek Carr being able to elevate our version of KK’s offense, hopefully in the same manner Stafford did for LAR.

Hey I found a good article that really explains this. The system will be a run focused system, which is a good thing. What makes the system great, is when an elite QB is added to run it. (I know that pretty much goes for every system). But it is what makes this system go from 3 yards and a pile of dust, see Mike Shanahan led Wash team. As you know they never were able to find a solid QB. Compare that to ATL in their Superbowl season (the one they had 28-3 lead mid way thru the 3rd quarter vs NE), If you recall, prior to that meltdown, ATL was awesome that year on offensive. (Kyle Shanahan was the OC) Just go look at the stats if you don’t remember. The credit goes to Matt Ryan for taking that team to heights that never seen before). A more recent example is whenMcVay added Stafford, that offense was dominant and didn’t look like a one dimensional running team, but a high flying juggernaut. So I can see Derek Carr being able to elevate our version of KK’s offense, hopefully in the same manner Stafford did for LAR.

Nice article, i'm hoping that KK will be able to bring similar success.

In his 2nd interview Klint Kubiak takes questions from Saints reporter Erin Summers in the video below. She asks him about him personally in which he states he is married with 4 children. Fishing is a hobby, including Red Fish. He won't have to go far to get his fill there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom