LBs this year (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So it seems like the LB room probably had the biggest jump in quality this year
We might finally have someone who can defend against a mobile QB and we might be able to cover TEs and RBs
This at a time when overall LB play has been fading

How much can our new LBs help in the overall D?

On paper it looks like we have some depth and some talent. I am all aboard the Willie Gay hype train, I think he will come in and pair with DD to form a formidable duo with Werner providing depth.
DA certainly like disguising coverages - having 3 lbs with some positional fluidity on the field might be a very good thing

On paper it looks like we have some depth and some talent. I am all aboard the Willie Gay hype train, I think he will come in and pair with DD to form a formidable duo with Werner providing depth.
We'll have to see how it plays out, but I think Gay ends up being depth, and Werner starts if/when healthy. He's one of our best players when he's out on the field.

We'll have to see how it plays out, but I think Gay ends up being depth, and Werner starts if/when healthy. He's one of our best players when he's out on the field.

I do not get the Werner hate, he is a sideline to sideline player.

I agree about Werner.

I think we'll see more 3 LB sets when down/distance call for it and I think we'll see more of a 3 man rotation keeping all 3 guys fresh. You may have Werner/Davis as the "named" starters but I also bet all 3 get significant playing time.

I agree about Werner.

I think we'll see more 3 LB sets when down/distance call for it and I think we'll see more of a 3 man rotation keeping all 3 guys fresh. You may have Werner/Davis as the "named" starters but I also bet all 3 get significant playing time.
Agree 100%...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom