Lehman. Thomas, B. James and B. Carpenter (1 Viewer)

bradie james just signed a contract extension a year or so ago...and hes the vocal leader, not to mention had a better year last year than before in parcells' last year.

carp...poor guy. drafted as an olb...then moved to ilb, and back to olb when greg ellis got hurt. then in comes wade...he gets moved back to ilb...now the signing of thomas. when he actually got to play his rookie year, he was actually pretty good at olb...

makes no sense...id just rather they let burnett/carp get more playing time. if anything, i think carp/ayodele plays for another team next season..

Last edited:
That's not true at all. Some players don't have the body or skillset for certain systems. Doesn't mean they can't excel in others.

I wonder why people are willing to make this argument for Bobby freakin Carpenter, but won't make the same argument for D-Hall.

Trash collectors. Man that is funny. I wonder how then, you build depth. I am not going to get on the dumb reasoning that a good college player will always make it on the pros, duh!, I think it is a little to simplistic argument to continue a discussion.

Coming back to the objective of the thread, I think that we need more then one guy to improve our linebacker group. Certainly some depth will come from the draft but we need more. You can insert (or not) the player you may want. Signing second tier-free agents may be productive on this case. It worked with New England, to give an example (not saying that it will work equally here). I think at least we need 3 new linebackers. Since I don't see the saints drafting 3 linebackers, some "trash collection" may be at hand.

The ones I suggested I think may worth a look, two of them are very good special team players and that is a bonus.

I'm not against signing big name free agents but I am realistic, competition for them is incredible and there are more chances on failing to sign them then to get many of them.

I would love to have Hall here, but I don't think we are on position to trade for him. I would love also to bring Crumpler and Faneca, but I just can't see us being lucky enough to get them. Samuel and Briggs, both get players, but I am not sure the quality of their game justifies the amount of money they will get.

What about that (Johnathan, I think) Goff from Vanderbilt? Didn't people here say that he was projected a 6th round pick? It was mentioned on here that he was a tackling machine, smart, an on-field leader and he could probably come in and start for us Day 1.

Good points, Guillermo. I like to see us roll the dice on Carpenter or Thomas.

And, Goldrush, I seen many arguments in favor of bringing in Hall. If the deal was reasonable, I'd like it.

Why on earth does everyone want B. Carpenter??

What has he proven in the NFL??

and don't give me that "but but he doesn't fit into the system"

if your a good player with talent your going to be starting especially with a team that runs a 3-4

Thats funny considering the guy in your avatar couldn't win a starting job in Dallas, mainly because he didn't fit the system.

Goff

What about that (Johnathan, I think) Goff from Vanderbilt? Didn't people here say that he was projected a 6th round pick? It was mentioned on here that he was a tackling machine, smart, an on-field leader and he could probably come in and start for us Day 1.

Goff ran a 4.64 at the combine today, 28 reps on the bench he is basicly out doing a lot of the other LB's that are particating there. Most MOCKS have hime going in the 3rd round

It's time to stop playing linebacker caroussel...sign some talented ppl...I really don't care if they are hurt. Dan Morgan and Jon Vilma are GREAT players when healthy...hell sign em both and you should get one season between the two of them...if not put Vilma at WLB.

Bobby Carpenter was a by-product of AJ Hawk IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom