Let's enjoy this ride (1 Viewer)

AlexV

Reaction score
It's been since 91 and 92 we have had back to back double digit winning seasons. It also happened in 87 and 88. We are a special team and have a chance at 3 in a row. Another first in club history. Sorry just a happy fan needing to talk saints. WHO DAT

Yes its nice to have had 3 winning seasons in the last 5 years.

I am enjoying it. I tell others to enjoy it as well, but if I see they can't get over the doubt or worry, I just move on to other like minded fans.

Don't get me wrong. I love breaking down the game and discussing where we could improve, and I've learned so much from so many discussions on this board. But now is the time to really enjoy the ride. We have probably the best all around team we've ever had and we are making a run at our second SB in 2 years!

Going for our 3rd NFC championship game & 2nd SB in the last 5 years

Who woulda thunk it

WHO DAT

Right, even if this team wont get the division title, to have them fight their way to the superbowl and possibly face the Patriots and beating them on the greatest stage. Well, it's going to immortalize this group even more.

1st seed or not, i know they have the strength and quality to go 3-0 in the playoffs, regardless of which opponent or place. Like you said, lets enjoy the ride.

but if you have heart problems... :jpshakehead:

Gotta give our boyz props regardless of how this all turns-out. We won the Super Bowl, the following season we go onto win 10+ games. I know it's all about "winning it all", but I'd say the season is a successful one already, with more to come.

Gotta give our boyz props regardless of how this all turns-out. We won the Super Bowl, the following season we go onto win 10+ games. I know it's all about "winning it all", but I'd say the season is a successful one already, with more to come.

Totally agree. My daughter and I were watching the Rams game and I was trying to explain the plays to her that she didn't understand. When they did the fake to Reggie that opened up Thomas I rewound the game to show her how brilliant it was.

I kind of laughed at myself. I don't think I would have rewound a game at all from 2001 - 2005. She started REALLY watching with me in 2006. She doesn't know how good she has it right now as a Saints fan. Even with the 2007/8 so so seasons in the mix... she has had it pretty good.

It is nice to see us prove doubters wrong, as most of what I heard coming in to this year was we would have a bad year because of our 'hangover.' We aren't officially in the playoffs yet, but 10 wins is more than a lot of people assumed we'd get- Football Outsiders comes to mind with this article that was on nola.com, projecting 8.5 wins (they also predicted the Cardinals and Redskins to have better win totals than us.): http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/07 /football_outsiders_say_the_new.html

At 4-3, it didn't look like we would reach double-digit wins, but this team has proven itself. They had little chance of topping last year's 13-0 start, which could easily make this year seem like a letdown, but what they've put together thus far, especially the last month and a half, has been very exciting.

Never had a doubt we would get things together and make a run at another Superbowl. We had some bad loses and some great wins this year.
Falcons Missed FG, Run D, Shaky Coverage
Cardinals Drew had a bad game, Crazy Fumble for TD
Cleveland Not ready to play, took them lightly, trick plays,

Big Wins, Steelers, Cowboys, TB.

We need 2 more big wins Ravens, Falcons.

That's the way I think of it too.

When we won our 9th game, I said Yes!!! A winning season!!!

You want to win every game, and win the SB, but hey, a 10 win season isn't a bad thing. The mighty Cowboys and Vikings would love to sniff 8 wins this year.

We know we're rooting for a winner, and the team continues to prove as much. I am humbled to be a part of it, to be a fan of the Saints, to go through the down times, and experience the pinnacle of success. It's something that can never be taken away.

It's still kind of amazing to me to think that at this point in the season last year, we were still undefeated. So this season sometimes feels like a little bit of a letdown. But we have to remember that this type of season is how it's supposed to be. It's a lot more fun this way because every game is crucial. It's more fun because kwtpf matters. It's exciting so yeah, definitely enjoy the ride. This is why we're football fans.

I love how the team is playing now. I'm definitely enjoying the ride.

So awesome to have these seasons.

I explain this to my 11yr old and some of his friends all the time. How great it is to have a QB like Drew and that they will remember this for the rest of their lives. I wish words could discribe how it was for so long. I dont guess he will truly understand till he is grown. I also have my 4 and 2 yr old run around singing WHO DAT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom