Locking up Colston could prove to be tricky (1 Viewer)

Most 7th rounders sign a 3 year deal. It might be smart for us to lock him up now for about 4 more years.

It will be interesting especially since we have millions tied up in an "inactive for the season" rookie.

How do you think this will play out? What would you do?

I really don't think Colston is the type of player that will be all about the money when its time to get paid, I thibk he's in a system that's becoming more catered his skills and he'll will be given a pretty fair deal, Loomis is a good deal maker and had dealt with some players with attitudes than Colston and got deals done (Grant..remember the stuff he was sayin) I think resigning Colston will be so easy, it will get done before the season is, if he keeps up the play and plays he put together vs the 49ers.

His play last year could have been seen as a fluke.

His play yesterday (and in spots this year, not unlike the rest of the team) proves he is a capable #1 WR in this league.

He is NOT a #1 by any stretch of the imagination. A great #2 heck yes, but a true #1 never.

Yeah, I don't see why Colston is not a #1 reciever, he's in an offense that is catered to. His skills, a lot......well maybe not "a lot" of recievers wouldn't be number 1's in a different offense than the one they are shining in, we see it all the time when players are studs on other teams then get big money to play somewhere else and they bomb....this system fits Colston and he shines in it (at times) that's why he is a #1 reciever.

There's too much emphasis on number 1 vs number 2 receiver. Either way he's on the field making plays. Reggie Wayne is a number 1 but not if you look at the depth chart. Colston's a stud and will eventually be paid like one.

WILL NOT HAPPEN TILL THE SEASON IS OVER!!! NFL Rules Prohibit such an idea...
What are you talking about? You can't restructure a contract mid-season?! Romo got his deal reworked TODAY!
:crazy2:

Worst post of the day. Colston is a perfectly capable number 1 reciever.

Colston is absolutely not a #1 receiver. #1 receivers consistently get open and keep drives alive. #1 receivers get separation from DBs. #1 receivers don't play in every game yet rank 56th in the league in receiving yards and 50th in yards per game. #1 receivers don't rank 162nd in the league in yards per catch. #1 receivers don't have just 2 receptions over 20 yards through 7 games.

I like Colston and think he's a great complementary possession receiver, but he's about as far away from being a #1 guy as the man in the moon.

Colston is absolutely not a #1 receiver. #1 receivers consistently get open and keep drives alive. #1 receivers get separation from DBs. #1 receivers don't play in every game yet rank 56th in the league in receiving yards and 50th in yards per game. #1 receivers don't rank 162nd in the league in yards per catch. #1 receivers don't have just 2 receptions over 20 yards through 7 games.

I like Colston and think he's a great complementary possession receiver, but he's about as far away from being a #1 guy as the man in the moon.

It is way to early to make such a concrete generalization. If Colston were part of an offense that is geared toward getting him the ball he would flourish. He is not. The saints spread the ball to everyone. One week Colston, one week Patten, one week Henderson, Copper, ect. I will argue that Colston is our best reciever, our leading reciever, Bree's go to guy, and therefor our #1 reciever. IMHO, he is a fine #1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom