N/S London Mayor Wants To Host A Super Bowl (2 Viewers)

The day they have a Super Bowl anywhere other then the USA will be the last day I watch football
Then you better get ready to shut it down. Right now Goodell is just asking that mayor to show him their checkbook.

Last edited:
This is what the NFL has been wanting. They’ve used the UK as testing grounds for some time now so it doesn’t benefit the league telling them “no” without having to other locations the same. You award London a SB then what’s stopping another international host city from asking? Then if you tell them “no” you run the risk of losing that market and potential suitors if that market tells the league to kick bricks.

I went to an afternoon Super Bowl at Tulane Stadium. That was too early for that big a day. Playing it overseas would ruin what is likely the biggest TV 💰 💵 💴 💰 days of the year, EVERY year. The play an earlier Super Bowl in London will lose MUCH viewership for that game and at least half of those will never come back in this day and age. I don’t see it because it would be financial suicide for the NFL no matter how much money they would make by playing overseas. Their true fan base (💰base) is here in the U.S.

I want to say I would hate this but i think the world cup of Futball is in America this year, including Atlanta and Dallas, so this all of a sudden doesn't seem far fetched.

The amount of Americans watching the game wouldn't change much, but they would get so many additional European eyes on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom