Look at a few drives vs Rams (1 Viewer)

dutar76

7th year itch
Reaction score
First one I'm going to post is Teddy's first drive.

• 1st & 10 at LAR 34
    (2:14 - 1st) W.Clapp reported in as eligible. A.Kamara up the middle to LA 40 for -6 yards (A.Donald).
  • 2nd & 16 at LAR 40
    (1:37 - 1st) T.Bridgewater pass short right to J.Hill to LA 25 for 15 yards (A.Talib). PENALTY on NO-E.McCoy, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at LA 40 - No Play.
  • 2nd & 26 at 50
    (1:08 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short middle to A.Kamara to LA 32 for 18 yards (J.Johnson). PENALTY on NO-J.Cook, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at LA 35.

• (0:39 - 1st) Timeout #1 by NO at 00:39.
  • 2nd & 21 at LAR 45
    (0:39 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short right to D.Harris ran ob at NO 48 for -7 yards (J.Johnson). Penalty on NO-L.Murray, Unnecessary Roughness, declined.
  • 3rd & 28 at NO 48
    (0:06 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass incomplete short middle.
  • 4th & 28 at NO 48
    (0:00 - 1st) T.Morstead punts 48 yards to LA 4, Center-Z.Wood. J.Natson to LA 14 for 10 yards (C.Robertson; K.Elliss).

Kind of hard to get a rhythm going like that.

• st & 10 at NO 13
    (6:02 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short right to M.Thomas ran ob at NO 20 for 7 yards.
  • 2nd & 3 at NO 20
    (5:31 - 2nd) A.Kamara right tackle to NO 24 for 4 yards (C.Matthews, N.Robey).
  • 1st & 10 at NO 24
    (4:49 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater sacked at NO 20 for -4 yards (S.Joseph). PENALTY on LA-S.Joseph, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at NO 24 - No Play.
  • 1st & 10 at NO 39
    (4:19 - 2nd) L.Murray right tackle to NO 39 for no gain (D.Fowler).
  • 2nd & 10 at NO 39
    (3:39 - 2nd) T.Bridgewater pass incomplete deep right to A.Kamara.
  • 3rd & 10 at NO 39
    (3:33 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short middle to T.Hill to NO 48 for 9 yards (T.Rapp, E.Weddle).
  • 4th & 1 at NO 48
    (2:46 - 2nd) A.Kamara right tackle to NO 48 for no gain (S.Ebukam, M.Brockers).

Best 4th down, and 2pt conversion team in the league the past few years and couldn't get a yard when it mattered a LOT.

Not to excuse Teddy bad play but the rest of the team didn't help much either. When Drew left, you can sense the whole team just lost their enthusiasm. Didn't look like they were trying. I was way more disappointed with the rest of them more so than Teddy. That was just inexcusable on their part. Holding penalties, and drops and just poor execution every where. I know Drew is the heart and soul of that team and everything runs through him. But gees, where you at Thomas, Cook, Kamara, the rest of the offensive line and the defense?

Gonna throw this play from the Rams' next drive in here just because.

3rd & 7 at NO 11
(6:08 - 2nd) (Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short right [D.Onyemata]. New Orleans challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) J.Goff sacked at NO 19 for -8 yards (T.Hendrickson). FUMBLES (T.Hendrickson) [D.Onyemata], RECOVERED by NO-C.Jordan at NO 13.

the Inadvertent whistle screw job.

Should be 10-3 Saints here... instead 3-3 with a long field to drive.

1st & 10 at NO 40
(13:26 - 3rd) A.Kamara up the middle to NO 45 for 5 yards (E.Weddle). NO-A.Peat was injured during the play. His return is Probable.

Just noticed they have Peat as "probable" to return on the first drive after halftime... Of course he didn't return.

6 - 6 at this point

Honestly, I haven't watch the game again. Didn't feel like depressing myself over again. Time to move on and just pray things will be a whole lot better.

• (5:39 - 3rd) G.Zuerlein kicks 65 yards from LA 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  • 1st & 10 at NO 25
    (5:39 - 3rd) A.Kamara right end to NO 29 for 4 yards (N.Robey; C.Littleton).
  • 2nd & 6 at NO 29
    (4:59 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater sacked at NO 22 for -7 yards (C.Matthews). FUMBLES (C.Matthews) [C.Matthews], recovered by NO-T.Armstead at NO 24. T.Armstead to NO 24 for no gain (D.Fowler).
  • 3rd & 11 at NO 24
    (4:13 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater sacked at NO 13 for -11 yards (M.Brockers). Penalty on NO-L.Warford, Offensive Holding, declined.
  • 4th & 22 at NO 13
    (3:49 - 3rd) T.Morstead punts 45 yards to LA 42, Center-Z.Wood. J.Natson to NO 26 for 32 yards (J.Gray).
Teddy holding on to the ball? OL not giving him time? Or both?

6 - 13 Rams at this point and our offense has zero rhythm.

• 1st & 10 at NO 25
    (8:37 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short right to A.Kamara ran ob at NO 28 for 3 yards (J.Johnson). PENALTY on NO-T.Armstead, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NO 25 - No Play.
  • 1st & 20 at NO 15
    (8:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Kamara right guard to NO 21 for 6 yards (D.Fowler).
  • 2nd & 14 at NO 21
    (7:52 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short middle to M.Thomas to NO 31 for 10 yards (J.Johnson; T.Rapp).
  • 3rd & 4 at NO 31
    (7:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short middle to T.Hill to NO 38 for 7 yards (J.Johnson).
  • 1st & 10 at NO 38
    (6:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short middle to M.Thomas to NO 49 for 11 yards (T.Rapp; C.Littleton).
  • 1st & 10 at NO 49
    (6:02 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass incomplete deep middle to M.Thomas (C.Littleton).
  • 2nd & 10 at NO 49
    (5:58 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass incomplete short left. PENALTY on NO-T.Bridgewater, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at NO 49.
  • 3rd & 20 at NO 39
    (5:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass incomplete short middle to T.Hill (N.Robey).
  • 4th & 20 at NO 39
    (5:50 - 4th) T.Morstead punts 50 yards to LA 11, Center-Z.Wood, fair catch by J.Natson.

The reason I went digging was because after re-watching the game... I noticed that every drive seemed to be shut down. I wanted to see where and why.

Loosing Drew was the big bullet of course. But I think the TD Cam Jordan got screwed out of was just as big.

After that, the biggest culprit is the lack of rhythm on offense. Drew talks about it all the time. Even when Drew is at QB, without getting in a rhythm... even short dump off passes become hail mary blind dart-throws hoping for the best.

Give credit to the Rams' D-line. They worked our Oline over in that game. Almost as good as the refs did.

I think a lot of the penalties can be attributed to people trying to do to much in an attempt to make something positive happen. Payton needs to make sure that, regardless of whoever is in at quarterback, everyone needs to just focus on just doing their job and trusting their teammates to do their job, and if that happens the positive plays will follow.

Gonna throw this play from the Rams' next drive in here just because.

3rd & 7 at NO 11
(6:08 - 2nd) (Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short right [D.Onyemata]. New Orleans challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) J.Goff sacked at NO 19 for -8 yards (T.Hendrickson). FUMBLES (T.Hendrickson) [D.Onyemata], RECOVERED by NO-C.Jordan at NO 13.

the Inadvertent whistle screw job.

Should be 10-3 Saints here... instead 3-3 with a long field to drive.
We got double screwed on this one. They screwed us by blowing the whistle. But if you watch, they also screwed us by spotting the ball at the 13. The (in)advertant whistle did not blow until Cam was at the 35. If they weren’t going to give us the TD, they should have spotted the ball at the 35, which was the location of the runner when the whistle blew.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice if we had the same pace coming out of the huddles. Looked sluggish if I’m remembering correctly. I think TB can improve that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom