Louisiana Beach (1 Viewer)

Check around Toledo Bend. They have some nice cabins, golfing, fishing, etc.

I agree, Toledo Bend is prolly the closest thing we have to a normal beach.. or at least a place with water thats not got stuff floating in it or trash along the banks. Just watch out for dem rednecks now ya heer

Try Perdido Key, FL or Orange Beach, AL. Rentals are cheaper than Destin, it's closer to LA, traffic is way less. If you want to go during a party time, try spring break, the yearly songwriter's festival or the mullet toss at the Flora-Bama. Fishing regulations off the AL coast are a little more liberal than FL and some all day trips or overnight trips actually end up on the oil rigs south of MS

Yeah, Holly Beach is pretty much gone as gone can be. Went there in August just to see and its gone. Might have some camps back now.

Grande Isle has some places.\

You might also check out Cypremort Point. It's south of Lafayette and the state has some cabins there.
http://www.crt.state.la.us/parks/icyprempt.aspx

Does anyone remember Thunderbird Beach, which was outside Baton Rouge?? I vaguely remember going there as a kid in the 70s, but I've never heard any reference to it since- was it a figment of my imagination??

Does anyone remember Thunderbird Beach, which was outside Baton Rouge?? I vaguely remember going there as a kid in the 70s, but I've never heard any reference to it since- was it a figment of my imagination??

Nope, no figment. I remember it also!!!

I would like to know what has happened to it...

The choice is Grand Isle im booking the second largest house on the Island. Been there before before the storms hope it is the same. Im taking at least 15 of my people with me. We shall ball. Thanks everyone for suggestions. I talked with someone via email from Holly Beach and there is nothing left just like the pictures. He suggested to go to Cameron, no thanks ill pass. You know i thought about Toledo Bend and ive spent time there but there is no lake that compares to the nasty gulf on a good day. Im just worried about debris on the beach and the such.

I cant afford to take all of my people to Pontchartrain because some of them, of course not me, like to indulge in the adult beverages that surround the area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom