LSU and Canada to part ways after bowl game (1 Viewer)

Looking more and more like we have a guy that does not want to be surrounded/confronted with coordinators he isn’t comfortable with.

In my experience, that tends to indicate some sort of insecurity.
I don't want him working with anyone he isn't comfortable with, but it does concern me that it appears he didn't even bother to interview anyone else outside of Ensminger. That is a mistake for several reasons.

1) You always want to have options. What if Ensminger comes down with ALS in the next month? What if Ensminger flames out or decides this isn't the job for him?

2) You always want to pay it forward to other coaches. Even if you don't make the hire, you make the interview and become a reference for future hires to your own staff or other coaches. the interview experience is just as valuable for the interviewee.

3) It demonstrates that you're looking for the best candidate. Even if the person you hire is ultimately the one you already had, appearances matter. perception is reality, regardless if it's the truth. A HC at a power 5 school that ignores perceptions is usually not employed for very long.

It really bothers me that Tee Martin reached out and Orgeron didn't even interview him. It's a common courtesy to make that interview even if you have no intention of hiring them.

But O is hiring Kevin Faulk to do something or other.

I'd heard that LSU was going to hire him when Les Miles was coach but it never happened.

I like it.

I do too. He had such a long, great professional career with the Patriots. He's in their Hall of Fame, which tells you all you need to know about how they viewed him as a person and player.

Rb coach / asst HC Tommy Robinson interviewed with the Browns to coach running backs.

That’d be a big loss.

Browns gonna take guice?

Maryland must like our sloppy seconds. :mwink:

this is the second LSU O coordinator to go directly there after Crowton left and went to maryland.

Let’s see what Canada can do if Maryland doesn’t wind up down to its 3-4 string QB by week 3. The Terps are as bad as the Saints when it comes to injuries

10th assistant has been hired. Bill Busch was most recently the co-DC and DB coach at Rutgers. He will coach safeties at LSU. He's worked with both Corey Raymond (at Utah State) and Dave Aranda (at Utah State, then Wisconsin) prior to working at tOSU then Rutgers. He also coached under Urban Meyer at Utah and tOSU. It sounds like Raymond will still run the DBs, though. I don't think Busch will report to Raymond, but just focus more on safeties. This looks, sounds and feels like an Aranda hire.

This isn't being mentioned, but should Raymond move on to a DC job as he has always wanted to do, this would be a great way to bridge the transition.

10th assistant has been hired. Bill Busch was most recently the co-DC and DB coach at Rutgers. He will coach safeties at LSU. He's worked with both Corey Raymond (at Utah State) and Dave Aranda (at Utah State, then Wisconsin) prior to working at tOSU then Rutgers. He also coached under Urban Meyer at Utah and tOSU. It sounds like Raymond will still run the DBs, though. I don't think Busch will report to Raymond, but just focus more on safeties. This looks, sounds and feels like an Aranda hire.

This isn't being mentioned, but should Raymond move on to a DC job as he has always wanted to do, this would be a great way to bridge the transition.

What’s the length of the deal, seems like we are capping all the guys that would be tied to Orgeron at the end of the 2019 season but Aranda is under contract after that... I wonder if “Aranda hires” go past 2019 or are similarly short.

What’s the length of the deal, seems like we are capping all the guys that would be tied to Orgeron at the end of the 2019 season but Aranda is under contract after that... I wonder if “Aranda hires” go past 2019 or are similarly short.
No word on contract length, but 3-4 is pretty standard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom