M. Colston.... (1 Viewer)

First 8 games period. I a dude sits on the bench for a year and then plays his first 8 games then that would count too. So, not necessarily rookies.

If they sit on the bench for a year i'm guessing they aren't that great of a player... chances are you won't sit on the bench for a year, you might play very limited but almost all players get there shots. So yeah... roookies

Here's another perspective. Remember Anquan Boldin's freakish rookie season in 2003?

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left" width="8%">
</td><td align="left" width="8%">
</td> <td>G</td> <td>REC</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>AVG</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>FD</td> <td>FUM</td> <td>LOST</td> </tr> <!--teamId2=22--> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td>16</td> <td>101</td> <td>1377</td> <td>13.6</td> <td>71</td> <td>8</td> <td>62</td> <td>2</td> <td>2</td></tr></tbody></table>
This is what Colston's season projects out to (based on 8 games):
<table style="width: 404px; height: 26px;" class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td><table style="width: 491px; height: 76px;" class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">G</td><td>REC</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>AVG</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>AVG</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>FUM</td> <td>LST</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">16</td> <td>88</td> <td>1400</td> <td>15.9</td> <td>86</td> <td>14</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Look what I found by kirwan on nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9782665

"1. Marques Colston is on pace for an Anquan Boldin rookie season and it may even be better by year's end. Colston, who reminds me of a young Keyshawn Johnson, entered Week 9 as the top rookie receiver with 577 yards and six touchdowns. Johnson then turned in a great performance on the road against the Tampa Bay defense with 11 receptions for 123 yards and a touchdown. Colston was a seventh-round pick because he 'wasn't fast,' as one personnel director said today. The same comment was made by the same person back in 2003 about Anquan Boldin. Boldin had 101 receptions as a rookie and I remembered saying it might be time to look at speed a little different. Well, Colston got by every team in the league -- at least six times each for the same reasons -- and now he is on track to be the 2006 version of Boldin."

Well, I checked that because I would have thought Anquan had 700 yards in his first 8 games considering he had over 200 in his very first game. But he actually had 672 yards in his first 8. That 790 quote in that article includes his 9th game (but the 48 catches only goes through 8 games, so someone did bad research for that article).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom