Madden question: Drew Brees Smart QB & Accurate Passer (1 Viewer)

iambruce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't know why I'm finally asking the question, but I noticed that Drew Brees is not only listed as an "Accurate Passer" but also a "Smart QB". However, you only play with him as an Accurate Passer. How can you switch him to Smart QB, or is that even possible. If not, then why do they even have him listed as a Smart QB.

Same thing with Marques Colston... not only is he a "Possession Receiver" but also a "Spectacular Catch Receiver".

I guess my ultimate question is how do you toggle between player weapon keys?

i dont think you do. im pretty sure that its more traits than anything...

If you develop his Awareness it will increase his smart QB rating...

You have to do drills in between games during Franchise Mode to increase that attribute...

Once his Awareness is at a higher level than his Accuracy (which I beleive is like 97) he will switch to Smart QB

This works for every "weapon" .....Usually when that respective skill is increased over 96 that skill will be displayed...

Thanks for responses. I only play online. When you're at the team select screen, you can scroll through all the weapons. I always see Brees with both weapons and just figured you could use one or the other. I HAVE been planning on playing through the whole season though.

If anyone wants to play... nola hxc on Xbox Live

i haven't tried madden since it wasn't an nfl rights exclusive, but in the past you could let the comp take the qb and you play a particular player.. wouldnt' you playing a wr or rb, give the qb the ability to use his "smarts"?

um actually dude it doesnt matter which one it shows all of them are accessible @ any time. The smart qb weapon is used when the meter is filled up and i think for the xbox 360 u press lb and the right trigger or rb and left trigger to show the defensive formation. Even if its not displayed u can still use it because it toggles randomly. When it gets close to being filled or when it does fill it will switch and show the light bulb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom