Votes: 687 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.7%

• Total voters
If only it worked this way!! Ethylene is a ripening agent which causes the trichomes to mature faster and actually may inhibit cell division resulting in smaller buds. Not much research done with Ethylene and cannabis currently. And even in tents, bugs will find a way. Yellow sticky traps to identify and a rotation of preventative measures just in case.

The only thing to presto give you more buds is more light combined with more CO2. This has to be coupled with adequate water and appropriate nutrition. Adequate water means not too much, but plenty to provide for transpiration. Appropriate nutrition means not too much and not too little. It is actually better to under fertilize than over fertilize due to the nature of nutrient lock-outs. Anytime you start riding the line and pushing things, your environment has to be able to handle the temp swings when the lights kick on or the humidity swings when the lights go off. Transpiration means a lot of water will be moving through the plants and out into the air, it has to be controlled somehow. If you are supplementing CO2, then you have a sealed system and need to use dehumidifiers which means more heat which means more cooling. There is a diminishing return as you push things harder and harder. It is better to cruise down the Interstate at 85, than to stomp it to the floor weaving in and out of traffic dodging accidents the whole way.

As an aside, Bananas are high in Potassium, so I feed old Bananas to my worms which means my Worm Castings are higher in Potassium. Providing a Potassium rich food to the microbes in my Worm Bin means microbes well adept at breaking down Potassium will thrive. I then use these castings in my garden for quick and available Potassium during Flower. Also, there are recipes for "Banana Tea", which involves using Banana peels being brewed with some Compost or Worm Castings in a bucket using an air-stone to keep things actively aerated. Whenever brewing a Worm Tea or actively aerated tea, you are multiplying the microbes to decompose whatever food source you give them to feed on. This means adding in the Banana peel or a whole mashed Banana will provide a Tea that can be watered into plants with Microbes that are designed to break down Potassium sources. Even better, when those Microbes eventually die off, the Potassium inside those microbes will become Plant available. This works for any nutrient you would like to increase the biology for. If you want to increase Nitrogen solubilizing bacteria, brew a tea using Nitrogen sources like Neem Cake, Soymeal, or Fish Hydrolysate.

1726534627160.jpeg

O.k., you sound like a pro.

years ago i worked at a produce warehouse and we used Ethylene to ripen the bananas. it worked pretty well. before then i never knew thst was a thing...

1726534627160.jpeg

O.k., you sound like a pro.
I am far from a Pro; let's just say I am on the uphill climb in the Dunning Kruger curve after thinking I knew everything and learning real fast I did not. I love learning and I love sharing the knowledge I have learned. I listen to a lot of gardening and scientific pod-casts while I drive around for work and have learned more about soil biology and microbial activity than is probably healthy to know. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out and I will do my best to give my honest opinion. Again, I am not a Pro, but I do know a lot about the plant.

I am far from a Pro; let's just say I am on the uphill climb in the Dunning Kruger curve after thinking I knew everything and learning real fast I did not. I love learning and I love sharing the knowledge I have learned. I listen to a lot of gardening and scientific pod-casts while I drive around for work and have learned more about soil biology and microbial activity than is probably healthy to know. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out and I will do my best to give my honest opinion. Again, I am not a Pro, but I do know a lot about the plant.
TBH just reading all that earlier made me want to try it, so I get it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom