Mark Ingram 2013 (1 Viewer)

12Stang

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I was watching some saints games from last year and it seems like to me that hes starting to understand how to be an NFL running back now. Hes not tap dancing as much anymore and hitting the holes harder and breaking more tackles.I noticed this transformation when Ivory was inserted and is probably what opened his eyes up and said oh crap i better get rollin. I think hes on the verge of a breakout season with the saints and it seems like they want him to be the guy along with PT and Sproles to be our big 3 with him getting most of the carries. Our backfield with a healthy o-line has the potential to be the very best in the league. I could see Ingram with a healthy O-Line putting up over 1000 yds next season if he can get 20+ carries a game and i hope he does get it. Im a Saints fan first i could care less if he celebrates with his Alma-Mater on the sidelines he has every right to be proud. I'm so pumped about next season it cant get here fast enough....Who Dat!!!!!

Just supposing we keep those main 3, could we get anything for Ivory? I wouldn't mind keeping him, but with Cadet in the wings... I just don't see us carrying 5 RB's this year!

Payton needs to rebuild the run game along with the D. The run game was subpar last year, mainly due to inadequate blocking, but, on the other hand, I haven't see anything from Ingram that led me to think he was worth trading up for. So far, he's been pretty good, but not great, and has had some injury problems. This may be his first full offseason with the team and Drew, given that last offseason he was rehabbing from toe and knee injuries and the season before that the lockout was going on. That should help him play better in 2013. I think he still has something to prove. I'd like to see him develop in the screen game as well as hit the hole more decisively on run plays. We had way too many negative or one-yard carries on first down last year, and that's got to change. We had that problem regardless of which back was carrying the ball. So, again, I want to emphasize that the run problems are not the fault of any particular back. The entire run game simply needs to improve along with the D if we want to beat the best teams in the postseason next year.

I noticed this transformation when Ivory was inserted and is probably what opened his eyes up and said oh crap i better get rollin.

That's not the way it works. A RB that thinks like that is useless, and would probably never have been a great college RB in the first place.

What really happens is, RB's learn little techniques and attitudes from watching each other. A RB that has swagger, fights hard, and plays fearlessly can have an effect on the others.

As long as this offense stays like it is, I don't see any RB getting 1,000 yds. Ivory had 700 or so yards in 1 year, only because of injuries to others.

We have really good running backs, IMO. Our scheme and blocking leaves a lot to be desired. Our backs just need a little help and hey could control games. They are great in ball security as well.

I would hate to lose Ivory but his running style prevents him from staying healthy for 16 games . I dont think he will ever be. In my opinion the saints have to give one of these guys a shot at being the main focis in the run game and Ingram is the young one so he gets the nod. Our offense was getting way too predictable I mean they were running sproles on the goal line for crying out loud. We need that workhorse and it will make the run game more effective in my eyes.

That's not the way it works. A RB that thinks like that is useless, and would probably never have been a great college RB in the first place.

What really happens is, RB's learn little techniques and attitudes from watching each other. A RB that has swagger, fights hard, and plays fearlessly can have an effect on the others.

Well maybe ivory put the fear in ingram

Payton needs to rebuild the run game along with the D. The run game was subpar last year, mainly due to inadequate blocking, but, on the other hand, I haven't see anything from Ingram that led me to think he was worth trading up for. So far, he's been pretty good, but not great, and has had some injury problems. This may be his first full offseason with the team and Drew, given that last offseason he was rehabbing from toe and knee injuries and the season before that the lockout was going on. That should help him play better in 2013. I think he still has something to prove. I'd like to see him develop in the screen game as well as hit the hole more decisively on run plays. We had way too many negative or one-yard carries on first down last year, and that's got to change. We had that problem regardless of which back was carrying the ball. So, again, I want to emphasize that the run problems are not the fault of any particular back. The entire run game simply needs to improve along with the D if we want to beat the best teams in the postseason next year.
Ingram had injury issues his rookie year and began to emerge at the end of 2012.It is unrealistic to expect him to get going any quicker with limited carries and not be able to get in a rhythm. He was the only back not to miss a game.

I'll say this, I do not feel good giving him the ball on 3rd or 4th and one. He falls short in
my opinion asa RB. TRADE NOW!

I am of the firm belief that Sean Payton will give Ingram every chance to be the bell-cow on this team. I think we are seeing a shift away from the two-back system. Ingram's touches increased toward the end of last season, and I think Payton is going to give him the opportunity to be featured. Does that mean Sproles or whomever else on the team will be obsolete? Hardly. The Niners feature Gore but are able to make use of their other backs. Payton is adamant that the running game must improve and that we will have to take pressure off Brees. Ingram, once healthy, really improved as a runner. I think we will see a greater commitment to being able to run the ball than in the past, and I think that will make our offense more difficult to stop.

They are ALL good. I want to keep em all, but I figure Payton will keep 4. Ingram will be better next year, as will the team.

Kris

I was home sick all day and I watched a ton of games I have stored on TVO. Ivory is so much more explosive. Ivory is a better ball carrier then Ingram. I know the all the other elements involved pass pro, receiving and what not. But Ivory should be getting bulk of the carries. He is a big run waiting to happen.

Ingram is the football equivalent to a left hook to the liver. The more you use it, the weaker your opponent gets. You have to think that coach Payton saw that from home. Theres no denying that Ingram finished the year as our best RB. He's even said that the only thing keeping Ingram back, was him. I think in 2013, Ingram becomes the guy. I can see an updated version of 06-07, when Deuce and Reggie were in the house. Ingram playing the role of "Deuce" of course, and that year he ran for a G, and scored 10TDs. I can see Ingram sporting those types of numbers in 13.

Ingram averaged 3.9 yards a carry both seasons,,A stat thats interesting only 10 targets all year in the passing game. Makes it very predictable he is getting the handoff, and not getting the ball in his routes. More involvement in the passing game would help his running lanes imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom