Matthew Berry loves Eagles WR Devonta Smith against the Saints (19 Viewers)

Dude is good. Small. Rough him up and make sure you have coverage over the top. I don't love any WR against the Saints secondary. Too many people look at the game from a fantasy perspective.

My question, how do we let this guy beat us with AJ Brown out and Marshon Lattimore seemingly back from injury? Oh and by the way, on the Ross Tucker podcast this week, film expert Greg Cosell said Alonte Taylor might be the best slot corner in the entire league. So..how does Berry’s prediction come true, or is this just hogwash? Does it happen while we are concentrating so hard on trying to stop their run? My guess is Berry is looking at numbers that reflect Taylor working into the slot corner role early last year that don’t necessarily indicate how well he is playing now. Here’s what Berry wrote this week:
“Instead, I want to talk about Eagles pass catcher DeVonta Smith taking on the Saints in a game that has Week 3’s second-highest game total at 49.5. Since the start of last season, the Saints are allowing the fifth-most yards per game to the slot, while Smith has seen 50% of his targets so far this season come in the slot. Smith will also continue to see a lot of extra work with A.J. Brown out of the lineup. Last week – sans Brown – Smith got a 34.5% target share, including two end zone targets. Smith is a top 10 wide receiver in Week 3.”
I wouldn't worry about fantasy stuff like this. It's a different world. Also them spitting out defensive "trends" after 2 games is a ridiculous practice you see way over used in fantasy.

As others have said. Brown is out and Smith is their only dependable WR. It predicts to be a shootout (not sure about that though). So he's a great fantasy start.

What will be will be. Kubiak will game plan appropriately. If he doesn’t, then we can revisit this and other posts about the Eagles. Y’all stressing me out 😩

I think his point is the damage Hurts does to the Saints isn't with his arm, but with his legs?
It’s a bit cumulative. It’s primarily been legs but essentially there has been no answer every time we’ve ever faced him. Hopefully they have the tape to figure it out. When plotting win-lose, this was my easiest L of the year. Granted, the Saints look impossibly better than I expected so I think we can win now.

It’s simply that Brown is out so it means more targets for Smith and this game has the highest O/U of the week. It’s essentially a “safe” pick for Berry.

In fantasy you want to target volume and game environment.
I'm going to bet the over based on the Saints score alone...

define "own"?

Game 1 was 24-21 ( Taysom was QB )

Game 2 was 40-29 ( and our QB was Trevor Seimian )

He has a passer rating of 78.8 vs Saints - 314 yards in 2 games on 54 attempts ( 30 completed ) and our Run D is much more improved since our last matchup in 2021.
Thank you for putting that into perspective. With those QBs (no offense to Taysom/Superman), I don't know think we were able to maintain drives the way we should be able to now. I think Jalen had a lot more opportunities than he'll have on Sunday. And, in theory, we should *eventually* get a *little* better vs running QBs, right? ...right?

Thank you for putting that into perspective. With those QBs (no offense to Taysom/Superman), I don't know think we were able to maintain drives the way we should be able to now. I think Jalen had a lot more opportunities than he'll have on Sunday. And, in theory, we should *eventually* get a *little* better vs running QBs, right? ...right?
Nick Underhill chalks it mostly up to us using heavy man-to-man coverage, which results in our secondary facing away from the QB. My thought earlier today was letting Lattimore shadow Devonta Smith all day, while the rest of the back end plays zone to better keep an eye on Hurts. I don’t even know if that scheme is possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom