N/S Matthew Staffords wife has a brain tumor (1 Viewer)

On her Instagram post announcing it, she said she was having vertigo spells over the past year and things that once were easy for her, had become increasingly more difficult. After one where she was holding one of their children, Matt took her to the ER. They did blood work and vitals and everything checked out okay and they sent her on her way and that several spells later, it was the team doctor who suggested she go get an MRI of her head.

I mean, I was not there and don't know all the details but seems like if a patient showed up to the ER having one of these spells, had said she has been having many of them over the past year and activities that were once easy were suddenly hard, an MRI would have been the next logical step if blood & vitals seemed fine.

On her Instagram post announcing it, she said she was having vertigo spells over the past year and things that once were easy for her, had become increasingly more difficult. After one where she was holding one of their children, Matt took her to the ER. They did blood work and vitals and everything checked out okay and they sent her on her way and that several spells later, it was the team doctor who suggested she go get an MRI of her head.

I mean, I was not there and don't know all the details but seems like if a patient showed up to the ER having one of these spells, had said she has been having many of them over the past year and activities that were once easy were suddenly hard, an MRI would have been the next logical step if blood & vitals seemed fine.
Agreed, what a terribly inept doctor.

What the hell is with these gifs in the comment section? What are you 12 years old? Jesus.
People sometimes struggle to find the words that feel right in a situation like this, and a picture or appropriate emoji/gif help them express sympathy/empathy/concern in a way that they are comfortable with.

I hope her surgery goes well. Brain cancers are nothing to play with. There isn’t much redundancy upstairs to to rely on during post surgery recovery. Pray her cancer isn’t a GBM, the worst brain cancer type, of which there is no cure. Depending upon which section of the brain the cancer originated will determine how invasive the resection will have to be during surgery. Or what functions will be affected. Enough is enough and I am sorry she, or anyone, has to endure this disease. I will include her in my daily prayers.

I lost a HS friend in a similar fashion. Her mom drove her to the emergency room. She was suffering from severe back pain.
The Dr. did a quick check , prescribed her some pain pills and sent her on her way. She died on the way home. The cause
of death was a star shaped kidney stone that cut the renal artery while it was being passed.

I lost a HS friend in a similar fashion. Her mom drove her to the emergency room. She was suffering from severe back pain.
The Dr. did a quick check , prescribed her some pain pills and sent her on her way. She died on the way home. The cause
of death was a star shaped kidney stone that cut the renal artery while it was being passed.

I mean...I'm in disbelief. Losing your balance and falling over and having difficulty doing things you should normally be able to do is not normal.....especially at her age. I'm guessing she's about 28-32? For them to say "oh well blood work and vitals check out fine, just ignore the falling over 7x daily and nearly dropping your infant" seems so irresponsible. Especially as she's not a person going in there with substance abuse issues or anything like that.

My grandfather passed away because of tumors in his brain. He would forget things, but after the scan, they found two tumors and treated it as cancer. Very tough times so I wish their family a full recovery. Unfortunately for our family, it was goodbye to a loved one. Just need to cherish all the wonderful memories together. I wish I could have said more, but I was with him until his last breath.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom