Mcneese St. vs Ragin Cajuns (1 Viewer)

Yeah, this is particularly embarassing.

Looks like McNeese will score again and there is little chance that UL will win.

Hopefully the Ricky Bustle era will come under more scrutiny because he really hasn't done much.

Last edited:
GO to **** USL errrrr ULL. You guys acted surprised by the score, I am too, I'm surprised McNeese didn't win by more.

Did it annoy anyone else when the radio announcers called ULL, 'Louisiana'?

I actually saw someone on a Cajun board complaining that LSU had more televised games than ULL (who will never be UL). They should never have left I-AA.

When someone says the University of Louisiana, you think ULL, so take that however you want it.

The only thing I can say about this game, is that whoever is calling plays for UL needs to never call plays ever again. We have basically 3 plays. Hand it off to the RB, fake it to the RB, then run with the QB, or sometimes we throw in a short slant. If Desormeaux is that bad at throwing, move him to receiver or runningback and let Hundley play.

ULL continuously gets disrespected. I'm a hard core LSU fan but I attend ULL and had a few classes with some football players. The players can get it done. Been to practices, seen it. Coaching sucks. That's their problem. Desormeaux (#6) their QB runs a 4.3 40. Played LB while Jerry Baab was on the team and was still their #2 QB.

Fenroy is a beast, I shouldn't have to say anything about him. First 1,000 yard rusher in school history.

If they got good coaching they could take the Sun Belt.

Don't take anything away from McNeese. They handed it to Portland St and should make a very deep run into the postseason this year (we don't have to worry about polls). Just because ULL got jobbed doesn't mean they suck, maybe MSU is just good....

ULL continuously gets disrespected. I'm a hard core LSU fan but I attend ULL and had a few classes with some football players. The players can get it done. Been to practices, seen it. Coaching sucks. That's their problem. Desormeaux (#6) their QB runs a 4.3 40. Played LB while Jerry Baab was on the team and was still their #2 QB.

I used to live next door to Tony Hills who was the DE last year. He lived with Orien Green, Brian Hamilton, and Cedric (I think was his name) big tall guy from Houston I believe. Man we used to party, let's just say during the offseason they had some very bad habits but they were all around good guys. Orien and Brian could play some ball. I think Orien actually was drafted.

Well I checked and he was drafted in round 2 of 05. It looks like he is with the Pacers now. He could play some ball. So could Brian but I think he was injured a lot.

EDIT: No it looks like Orien is not on any roster as of now. That might explain why I saw him in Stan's downtown not too long ago. :dunno:

Last edited:
That game was a total wreck for the Cajuns. Half of it was tonight that Rowdy Mac looked very good, exicuted well, and played very hard. The other half was that the Cajuns didn't played sloppy and really didn't look like they wanted it! And I don't like to call for coaches to be fired but it seems that every year that the Cajuns have the talent to put something good together and somewhere each season they just flame out for whatever reason. Two years ago it was an away game against Ark. St. which the Indians came back from like 3 touchdowns to win the game in the 4th. Last year it was our big win against Houston and then we just fizzed for the rest of the year. This year, I really wonder if the best we will play all year is the final 5 minutes of the first half of the McNeese game.

As far as Desormeaux is concerned, he's a talented play maker but he lacks arm strength.. Two years ago when the Cajuns used him it was splitting time with Babb who could actually get the ball down the field. Now, I understand that Babb is gone but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have someone in to spell Desormeaux and why we do not use Hudley who is now in his 3rd year with the Cajuns and was a highly touted recruit(never seen him play, hear he has looked good in scrimmages so can't say for my self) but we do not use him.

And in regards to our announcer calling us Louisiana, most announcers shorten the names of thier school. Do you call you friends by thier full name? Not likely unless it's form emphasis because saying such a long title isn't efficient. It's not an elistist thing and we are not trying to act like we are the only college in LA, it's just easier to say Louisiana and get to the bits of information that are really important.

Did it annoy anyone else when the radio announcers called ULL, 'Louisiana'?

I actually saw someone on a Cajun board complaining that LSU had more televised games than ULL (who will never be UL). They should never have left I-AA.

First of all, Louisiana never left 1-AA because they were never in 1-AA.

Second, we actually were officially UL in the early 80's, you can read about it here: http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/ Everybody around here calls them UL, it's a de facto thing.

Third, congratulations on the win. If the purpose of a university was to field a football team, you could honestly say that McNeese was a better school.

Last edited:
I was there, in the blue and gold half of the stadium. Huge crowd, great game, MSU fans had been waiting for this game since 1986.

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be waiting another 20 years for a rematch. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom