Michael Thomas vs. logic (1 Viewer)

I got Thomas 7 catches for 82 yards.

Most damage will be Ginn and Kamara (which I project will be 260 combined yards receiving).

Mike will always be a factor in the playoffs. Payton has a plan for the plan that the Rams are planning for Thomas.

I don't get the buzz on Aqib Talib. It's not like the Saints and Brees don't know Talib. We were there when Tampa drafted him. We'll handled Talib, I'm betting the Saints know Talib better than he knows himself.

What happens if you put Mike Thomas and Ted Ginn on the left side? Is Talib going to shadow Thomas wherever he goes?

The Rams don’t really move Talib around.

Let’s say that they do move Talib to Thomas. And Peters stays on that side. Now I like my matchup with TQS against their third corner and Kamara against their 4 th corner or a safety. Or even better a linebacker, but I doubt they will do play him against their linebackers.

And I can get Ginn or Thomas moving across the field which Talib can’t guard. I can also run Kamara.

That’s why they won’t shadow Michael Thomas with Talib. They’ll give Peters help over the top and hope that he plays better. They’ll play zone because both Peters and Talib prefer zone. They’ll mix in some man, some press, some blitz. But they’re trying to manage more than shut down, and they’ll ask their offense to win it.

Michael Thomas completely exposed Marcus Peters. I wouldn’t underestimate him. He is talented and he has many strengths playing zone and reading QBs. But this whole defense is still vulnerable. Even Dallas caught them on a long pass play to Cooper. But Dallas just didn’t know how to consistently win against the Rams’ weakness.

I don't get the buzz on Aqib Talib. It's not like the Saints and Brees don't know Talib. We were there when Tampa drafted him. We'll handled Talib, I'm betting the Saints know Talib better than he knows himself.
If I remember correctly, first game of Talib's career Brees smoked him for a TD. 2008 week 1.

What happens if you put Mike Thomas and Ted Ginn on the left side? Is Talib going to shadow Thomas wherever he goes?

The Rams don’t really move Talib around.

Let’s say that they do move Talib to Thomas. And Peters stays on that side. Now I like my matchup with TQS against their third corner and Kamara against their 4 th corner or a safety. Or even better a linebacker, but I doubt they will do play him against their linebackers.

And I can get Ginn or Thomas moving across the field which Talib can’t guard. I can also run Kamara.

That’s why they won’t shadow Michael Thomas with Talib. They’ll give Peters help over the top and hope that he plays better. They’ll play zone because both Peters and Talib prefer zone. They’ll mix in some man, some press, some blitz. But they’re trying to manage more than shut down, and they’ll ask their offense to win it.

Michael Thomas completely exposed Marcus Peters. I wouldn’t underestimate him. He is talented and he has many strengths playing zone and reading QBs. But this whole defense is still vulnerable. Even Dallas caught them on a long pass play to Cooper. But Dallas just didn’t know how to consistently win against the Rams’ weakness.
Dallas had receivers open the entire night and Prescott couldn't get the ball to them. If he were decent that night we might be talking about Elliot this week. And yes Mike exposed Peters just like he broke Rhodes last year. Here's to him sending Talib on his way too.

I think with our O line all playing, Drew will have time. When Drew has time, he will pick them apart. If they play zone, it could be ugly fast. Thomas and Brees will hit every seam.
As previous posters indicated, Man to man will put them in matchup problems all up and down the roster. Talib can’t guard Mike alone, and maybe with help. I think Peters matches up worse against Ginn than against Thomas. Then who is capable of covering Kamara?

Our O line will be key, so glad all of the starters will be playing.

Oh, and I think Sean has been writing plays for this game since week 10.

MT averages 9 receptions, 130yds and 1 TD in his 3 playoff games. I’d say he has at least this stat line.

Keep in mind this is against the 17 Vikings D, the 17 Panthers D, and this years Eagles D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom