Mike Detillier’s Draft Guide 2022 (1 Viewer)

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Is Mike D putting out a draft guide this year? I usually get an order form in the mail and SR.com is usually has an ad on where to order it. This year no order form in the mail and no ads here. So anyone know if he’s putting one out?

Man that is sad news. I have never missed getting one. It was a great guide for the average NFL fan. He did a good job every year and gave you the mid or late round guys most had never heard of .
On a side note for the elder statesman on this great board, you probably remember the best of these guides was put out by Joel Bushbaum who was outstanding and usually right on with the draft class positioning. He died really young, under 40 I believe. He was the true guru and Kiper snd his Buffont hair was the ‘personality’!

I bought Kiper's once (once!) just to compare, and there was no comparison. This hurts my heart...

After 37 years, Mike has retired from doing his draft guides.

I don't know for fact, but I think that since he went to work for WWL it is likely because he's just too busy, and those reports are an awful lot of work.

I agree, Andrus. Not to mention his commitments to national and regional radio broadcasts as well. His annual reports will be missed.

I bought Kiper's once (once!) just to compare, and there was no comparison. This hurts my heart...
Kiper's was always the gold standard. He and Bushbaum were the ones I bought every year until Bushbaum died and Kiper stopped printing his. Mike's was pretty good as well and I am disappointed he has now stopped as well.

Man that is sad news. I have never missed getting one. It was a great guide for the average NFL fan. He did a good job every year and gave you the mid or late round guys most had never heard of .
On a side note for the elder statesman on this great board, you probably remember the best of these guides was put out by Joel Bushbaum who was outstanding and usually right on with the draft class positioning. He died really young, under 40 I believe. He was the true guru and Kiper snd his Buffont hair was the ‘personality’!
I’d completely forgotten about Joel. Your post led me to this awesome article…thanks for the share.

now the one to get is Dane Bruglar's THE BEAST! You have to subscribe to the athletic though to get it.

now the one to get is Dane Bruglar's THE BEAST! You have to subscribe to the athletic though to get it.
I just ordered a printed copy of Brugler’s Guide through Amazon for $18. You don’t have to subscribe to the Athletic if you order it this way. I also bought a printed copy of Daniel Parlegreco’s Guide for around the same price. I’ll try to remember to put a review of the two after the draft.

I’d like to thank Mike Detillier for his years of excellent draft guides. I spent many a draft weekend on the couch with his draft guides in hand going over each and every pick. His concise and accurate descriptions helped make the draft an event for me. Then I’d use his guides post draft to figure out where players had come from. They were an incredible resource and will be sorely missed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom