Mike Detillier’s Draft Guide 2022 (1 Viewer)

now the one to get is Dane Bruglar's THE BEAST! You have to subscribe to the athletic though to get it.
As a subscriber, we used to get it free. Now it looks like they want you to pay for it.

I just ordered a printed copy of Brugler’s Guide through Amazon for $18. You don’t have to subscribe to the Athletic if you order it this way. I also bought a printed copy of Daniel Parlegreco’s Guide for around the same price. I’ll try to remember to put a review of the two after the draft.

I’d like to thank Mike Detillier for his years of excellent draft guides. I spent many a draft weekend on the couch with his draft guides in hand going over each and every pick. His concise and accurate descriptions helped make the draft an event for me. Then I’d use his guides post draft to figure out where players had come from. They were an incredible resource and will be sorely missed.
I don't think that is "The Beast", sounds like a less detailed draft preview.

I don't think that is "The Beast", sounds like a less detailed draft preview.
I received both the other day and had a chance to quickly start browse through both. Here’s my review -

The Athletic Draft Preview - MG3n2K5 was right, it isn’t “The Beast’s” draft guide but an oddly set up “preview”. First it has a list of the top 100 players available (picked by the Beast), then a mock draft of the first round, then a quick breakdown of 5 or so players by position (written by Brugler). Then it finishes with reprints of a few Athletic articles on certain players. I’d pass on this one.

DTP Draft Guide - very similar to Mike D’s guides in terms of layout. Similar length player evaluations. It was completed before the Senior Bowl so not the most up to date player information. Of the two it’s the one closest to Mike D’s guides. We’ll see how accurate his evaluations are post draft. Of the two it’s the one I’d recommend.

g out a draft guide this year? I usually get an order form in the mail and SR.com is usually has an ad on where to order it. This year no order form in the mail and no ads here. So anyone know if he’s putting one out?

I received both the other day and had a chance to quickly start browse through both. Here’s my review -

The Athletic Draft Preview - MG3n2K5 was right, it isn’t “The Beast’s” draft guide but an oddly set up “preview”. First it has a list of the top 100 players available (picked by the Beast), then a mock draft of the first round, then a quick breakdown of 5 or so players by position (written by Brugler). Then it finishes with reprints of a few Athletic articles on certain players. I’d pass on this one.

DTP Draft Guide - very similar to Mike D’s guides in terms of layout. Similar length player evaluations. It was completed before the Senior Bowl so not the most up to date player information. Of the two it’s the one closest to Mike D’s guides. We’ll see how accurate his evaluations are post draft. Of the two it’s the one I’d recommend.
Dane posted on twitter today, that his 2022 THE BEAST, will be released later this week. He did not say if it will be on the Athletic.com or not....

I just ordered a printed copy of Brugler’s Guide through Amazon for $18. You don’t have to subscribe to the Athletic if you order it this way. I also bought a printed copy of Daniel Parlegreco’s Guide for around the same price. I’ll try to remember to put a review of the two after the draft.

I’d like to thank Mike Detillier for his years of excellent draft guides. I spent many a draft weekend on the couch with his draft guides in hand going over each and every pick. His concise and accurate descriptions helped make the draft an event for me. Then I’d use his guides post draft to figure out where players had come from. They were an incredible resource and will be sorely missed.
thanks for pointing this out, I ordered a copy as well. I need a draft guide in my hand during the draft. especially with the trade today.

Attachments

• 25E9F5D1-B549-41D6-B53C-7990CD08EC52.jpeg
    25E9F5D1-B549-41D6-B53C-7990CD08EC52.jpeg
    994.4 KB · Views: 9
  • F8815837-B651-4D31-BD5D-2ED2DF642833.jpeg
    F8815837-B651-4D31-BD5D-2ED2DF642833.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • EC6EDF97-4DF8-4177-B013-07C9BC4E4B7A.jpeg
    EC6EDF97-4DF8-4177-B013-07C9BC4E4B7A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • EF3DBE25-3B10-4D5F-8E83-B42C51F74532.jpeg
    EF3DBE25-3B10-4D5F-8E83-B42C51F74532.jpeg
    975.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 738991C1-0EF8-4F16-9470-132FFBF53EE3.jpeg
    738991C1-0EF8-4F16-9470-132FFBF53EE3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom