Mike Mayock says Taysom Hill could replace Drew Brees in future (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
The 28 year old brings a lot to the table.

“Taysom Hill is kind of a unique guy,” Mayock said of the Saints’ all rounder.

“He ran 4.4 at his Pro Day at 218 pounds, as a quarterback. A lot of people, like myself, looked at him as a safety, and I think what Sean has done with him has just been amazing.”

Hill earned a spot on special teams late in the 2017 campaign, and then during this past season, he became a core member of the kicking game, eventually earning some opportunities to return kickoff attempts, and also played a multi-varied role on offense.

He averaged around a dozen snaps per game during this past season, primarily lining up as a quarterback, H-back, or tight end. He finished the season with 37 carries for 196 yards and two touchdowns as well as three catches for four yards. Throwing the ball, Hill went 3 of 7 (42.9 percent) for 64 yards and an interception.

How many of you think Hill could really be the replacement. I respect Mayock! That would be a dream if Hill could step in

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlea...t-could-be-Taysom-Hill-Mayock-says-129545862/

And here's another one:
Packers GM: Credit Saints for having ‘guts’ to use Taysom Hill in unique role
Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said Tuesday he’s been impressed with how the Saints have utilized Hill’s unique skills.

“I think they’ve been really, really creative in how they’ve used him and used his skill set,” Gutekunst said during an interview at the NFL combine. “He was always a really, really good football player, a really versatile football player, and they’ve certainly found ways to use him that have helped their football team.”

https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/02...g-guts-to-use-taysom-hill-in-unique-role.html

He could be just not in our current system. We would have to go to a more RPO Offense for his skill set. I just don’t see him as a pocket passer going through multiple reads like Drew does

Got it, thanks. So two opponent GMs think TH is special, and one of them believes this utility player with a QB rating of 36 can "replace" the HOF all-time QB statistical leader. Yep, got it. Sound reasoning.
You seriously don't know who Mayock is? Have you ever watched an NFL draft?

Last edited:
Coach Payton himself alluded to the same thing last season. ?

No way, man. He is a great gadget guy, but he will be a coach killer if someone tries to put a square peg in a round hole. If Mayock wants to offer a #1 for Taysom, that would be hard to pass up if he wants to try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom