Mike Silver: "I do not expect the Raiders to pursue Odell Beckham" (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that it's one man's opinion. But he's a credible source.

Please OBJ fall to N.O. I saw article where Saints are the second favorite team to pick up Odell
Watch all the teams at the bottom of the standings. At least one of them are going to see OBJ as a way of filling empty seats and helping a struggling offense. If he makes I past those, I see no reason the chiefs wouldn't pounce on him.

I don't think he will get claimed by a bad team. They have to understand he will not give the best of him if he isn't in a team that he likes. They would be wasting cap space by doing so.

I just don't see teams passing on him. He's a really good player.

He is 100% not going to get claimed .
If anyone was willing to take on his contract he would have been traded at the deadline .

He will clear waivers . You don’t have to worry about some team “scooping him up” before the saints on waivers .

Even when he does slip down to the saints the saints are not going to claim him either .

It’s a bad contract . Teams don’t voluntarily pick up bad contracts .

So once he does clear waivers(and he will) its going to be a matter of finding the best combination of team wanting him and him wanting team.

We already know the saints want him . So it’s going to come down to the saints talking him into wanting to play for the saints vs another team

0DB3D270-EDB5-4D4A-A7E8-394256AD3B5B.jpeg

Saints currently the favorites to land OBJ according to the odds

If we convert Vannett’s and Hurst’s ‘21 salaries into bonuses and move the hits into their next 2 years, and release a handful of end of roster players, I think Beckham’s salary will fit

If we still had Drew in the locker room, this wouldn't worry me. But, we don't, and it does. There is no one on the offense side of the ball in that locker room that can keep him in line. Maybe Jameis? But, he isn't going to be around much. Now, if he was a defensive player, I would say that there are plenty that could handle his personality. Jarvis Landry is the better of the two in more ways than one, wish we had a shot at him instead.

If we still had Drew in the locker room, this wouldn't worry me. But, we don't, and it does. There is no one on the offense side of the ball in that locker room that can keep him in line. Maybe Jameis? But, he isn't going to be around much. Now, if he was a defensive player, I would say that there are plenty that could handle his personality. Jarvis Landry is the better of the two in more ways than one, wish we had a shot at him instead.

It's a good point, but it's also a risk worth taking given our circumstances. And the locker room is still pretty tight with high-character guys. Davis, Alvin, Lattimore, Ingram, etc.

And yeah Landry won't be a part of this fire sale.

It's a good point, but it's also a risk worth taking given our circumstances. And the locker room is still pretty tight with high-character guys. Davis, Alvin, Lattimore, Ingram, etc.

And yeah Landry won't be a part of this fire sale.
Totally agree, a locker room full of high character guys. I just don't think OBJ would respect them like he would someone like Brees, Brady, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom