Mike Silver: "I do not expect the Raiders to pursue Odell Beckham" (2 Viewers)

The x factor is what is Beckham's agent saying to these teams. The idea OBJ would refuse to report to a team and want a new contract may get him past waivers entirely. The guy was cut because he's a diva who whined his way out of two teams. The only teams that can realistically have any chance have to have a QB or a coach that is acceptable to OBJ. Was he a Saints fan growing up? Does he favor New Orleans or want any where but here? The only shot I think the Saints have is if he wants to plant roots back in New Orleans and has a long term vision after two failed stops.

If he wants to play in the role Payton has for him and that can back channel into his people maybe. I would say if Winston did not get hurt or was a firm re-sign the odds of him fitting in NOLA would be much greater. But everything about him so far says he wants to get paid. The Saints can't pay him. If he comes here he will be the second paid wide receiver. I can see the sell of sign here with some Loomis magic and next year having Winston, OBJ, and CGM and AK and it be appealing but 2021 is a whole different story without two of those pieces.

If he wants only a ring for 2020 I don't see him coming to New Orleans with Winston out. It just makes zero sense for a diva wide receiver. Furthermore, Coach Payton has zero tolerance for diva players or non-team first players. The fact the Saints were trying to trade for Beckham even after Winston got hurt tells me the back channels must have been talking.

Raiders pursung someone?

Well, nobody was going to catch Henry Ruggs, that's for sure.

Too soon?

If he is just looking to complete this year and be a free agent, then we certainly would be ideal. We don't have a #1 receiver, so he can make a huge impression.

-----

OBJ not coming here. He’s looking for a new big paycheck

He's probably going to take a vet min to play with an elite QB and system.

I don't see how you can sell OBJ to come here... When the most appealing situation is next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom