Mike Triplett on ESPN's "First Take"(merged) (1 Viewer)

If we do draft Corner at 10...that puts a lot of money in our corners, huh?

Gay, McKenzie, McKelvin, and David will all be paid like starters, Young would be a highly paid Prevent Corner....

And we'd still be 47th in the league vs the pass if we don't get a pass rush...

Can anyone say Alex Molden? McKelvin is a good CB and an above average return guy. The Saints need a true #1 CB. McKelvin is not that. Cromartie, Talib and Jenkins are better CB's.

Cruize normally I agree with you but not here. I would rather have McKelvin knock down a lot of passes than get Jason David INT's at the recurring expense of the big play. Not that I am saying any of the others you have suggested are Jason Davids. The one knock on McKelvin is that he cannot hold on to INT's. Other than that, he is the most refined cover guy there is this year. As previously stated I would be ecstatic with DRC. I would be somewhat disappointed with Talib could at least give the organization credit for addressing that need. I don't think Jenkins will ever be a Saint because of his reported lack of a work ethic. He does not appear to be a Payton player. Mike D said last night he plays down to his competition, is inconsistent and a "pain in the butt."

Moreover, imagine a kickoff with Reggie Bush on one side and McK on the other. Directional kicking or punting would be a total waste of time. Not to mention the potential for reverses.

I'd rather not associate Reggie Bush with a reverse. :covri: :omg2:

Cruize normally I agree with you but not here. I would rather have McKelvin knock down a lot of passes than get Jason David INT's at the recurring expense of the big play. Not that I am saying any of the others you have suggested are Jason Davids. The one knock on McKelvin is that he cannot hold on to INT's. Other than that, he is the most refined cover guy there is this year. As previously stated I would be ecstatic with DRC. I would be somewhat disappointed with Talib could at least give the organization credit for addressing that need. I don't think Jenkins will ever be a Saint because of his reported lack of a work ethic. He does not appear to be a Payton player. Mike D said last night he plays down to his competition, is inconsistent and a "pain in the butt."

Thank you! We need a player who can just cover his man! Baby steps. Lets just stop the offense and then worry about turnovers

Can anyone say Alex Molden? McKelvin is a good CB and an above average return guy. The Saints need a true #1 CB. McKelvin is not that. Cromartie, Talib and Jenkins are better CB's.

I'd love DRC @ 10, but that won't make me lie for him... most "experts" rate McElvin as the best cover CB in the draft...

take jenkins

Mike Jenkins will be the best corner to come out of this draft. If we don't get dorsey or ellis, draft jenkins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom