Mock draft compilation thread (3 Viewers)

Seems to be. Which is why I don’t like it 😆
I’ve done a couple and I am starting get pre-disappointed for draft day

Or seeing that the Saints are DEFINITELY trading up at some point

Last edited:
Seems to be. Which is why I don’t like it 😆
I’ve done a couple and I am starting get pre-disappointed for draft day

Or seeing that the Saints are DEFINITELY trading up at some point
Yep. Either trade up or down.

I don't have 29 1st round grades in this draft. Strength is in the 2nd imo

My final mock draft. (Publicly)

So much talk is about our needs on defense and it’s warranted. But we were horrible on offense and Carr can’t fix it all. Nor can Jamal Williams and Michael Thomas. We need to score in the red zone. I think we were 31st in offensive scoring. I also think that this week the staff will have deep discussions about the philosophy of the draft. And the question will come up, would you have taken Alvin Kamara in the first round?

That answer is easily, “yes”.

Outside of someone more valuable falling to the Saints, we draft Jahmyr Gibbs with the 29th pick. We don’t wait to see if he is there at 40. We don’t want a less talented running back. We want another dual threat running back who is faster even if he is leas powerful than Kamara. And he immediately gives us the most talented backfield in the league. And no it’s not overcrowded.

Michael Thomas will be back better than ever. And will probably earn comeback player of the year. Chris Olave will see less coverage his way and Shaheed will get his touches. And it’s still not enough. We need more explosive plays of 20+ yards. We were not very good in that department. We were second in the league in 40+ plays with 14 but that’s probably because we were underestimated. And that’s just 14 plays. What if we could have 22 plays of 40+ and even more 20+ plays?

With the 40th pick we take Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee.

And now you’re still so worried about the defensive line. We addressed the defense in FA with guys who will start over any rookie we can bring in. And we have more draft picks. With the 71st pick we select Gervon Dexter DT Florida. When I look at Dexter play I am mostly left wondering why he is so slow to get out of his stance. But then I see that he is rarely out of position. I think with coaching he could end up being the best DT in this draft class. He has the physical tools.

The good thing about getting Gibbs at 29 is that you’re not left reaching for a running back in the 3rd and 4th rounds. With the 115 pick we select KJ Henry DE Clemson. We get good potential and depth with this pick as his pass rush and run defense grades are as good as anyone.

With the 146th pick we select Davis Allen TE Clemson. He’s a big contested catch guy. And he blocks well also.

With the 165th pick we select Parker Washington WR Penn State. He runs like a running back after the catch and he has a really high contested catch rate. Parker gives us a receiving core that is 6 deep. We can finally move on from some of the unmentionable guys.

With pick 227 we select Jonah Tavai DT San Diego State. If his game translates to the NFL he’s going to be a real force.

With pick 257 we select Hunter Luepke FB North Dakota State. Excellent blocker, runner and receiver. If he beats out Adam Prentice then he’s really good!

I think the Saints are all smoke about wanted a big defensive lineman or two. I think they have their eyes on Gibbs and Hyatt and will address the defense with the middle picks.

BF695F22-0180-4594-B112-DCEBD67A10CB.png

This came up in a mock yesterday, so interested in peoples' views as a hypothetical.

The draft is rolling in the first round and for some reason CJ Stroud is falling hard, Aaron Rodgers style. He's made it past the likely QB-needy teams in the first half and has reached the teens. No other consensus first round QBs left.

It reaches pick 18 (Lions) and they're open to a trade (in this case an unlikely 2024 3rd plus our #1 @29). Meanwhile the Bucs sit at #19. You'd expect taking Stroud would be the answer to their football prayers.

So, do you pull the trigger and trade up? You know he's going to sit, you know you miss out on your top target in Rd 1, but you also have a future QB and possible star / trade asset, plus (critically) you stop him potentially tearing up the league with Tampa...

For completeness:

Last edited:
This came up in a mock yesterday, so interested in peoples' views as a hypothetical.

The draft is rolling in the first round and for some reason CJ Stroud is falling hard, Aaron Rodgers style. He's made it past the likely QB-needy teams in the first half and has reached the teens. No other consensus first round QBs left.

It reaches pick 18 (Steelers) and they're open to a trade (in this case an unrealistic 2024 3rd plus our #1 @29). Meanwhile the Bucs sit at #19. You'd expect taking Stroud would be the answer to their football prayers.

So, do you pull the trigger and trade up? You know he's going to sit, you know you miss out on your top target in Rd 1, but you also have a future QB and possible star / trade asset, plus (critically) you stop him potentially tearing up the league with Tampa...
It’s not worth trading because we have so much invested in Carr. Really don’t want to upset team chemistry and trust. Carr will play another five years. It’s too early to spend a first on another QB. I say in 2025 onwards we can do something like that. If Carr doesn’t work out for us we can get out of his contract by then. But it’s best to let him settle in and get the team supporting him. And I was not in favor of signing him. But now that he’s here it’s best to be all in.

It’s not worth trading because we have so much invested in Carr. Really don’t want to upset team chemistry and trust. Carr will play another five years. It’s too early to spend a first on another QB. I say in 2025 onwards we can do something like that. If Carr doesn’t work out for us we can get out of his contract by then. But it’s best to let him settle in and get the team supporting him. And I was not in favor of signing him. But now that he’s here it’s best to be all in.
I hear that, but Carr's deal is also structured so it can just be a 2 year $75m deal and the team/player can move on at that point. So it's not that much invested (by today's QB wage scale).

Chemistry etc. matters, but if you wait to draft a QB until you really need one, you're already in trouble.

You also don't address preventing TB getting a blue chip QB.

My final mock draft. (Publicly)

So much talk is about our needs on defense and it’s warranted. But we were horrible on offense and Carr can’t fix it all. Nor can Jamal Williams and Michael Thomas. We need to score in the red zone. I think we were 31st in offensive scoring. I also think that this week the staff will have deep discussions about the philosophy of the draft. And the question will come up, would you have taken Alvin Kamara in the first round?

That answer is easily, “yes”.

Outside of someone more valuable falling to the Saints, we draft Jahmyr Gibbs with the 29th pick. We don’t wait to see if he is there at 40. We don’t want a less talented running back. We want another dual threat running back who is faster even if he is leas powerful than Kamara. And he immediately gives us the most talented backfield in the league. And no it’s not overcrowded.

Michael Thomas will be back better than ever. And will probably earn comeback player of the year. Chris Olave will see less coverage his way and Shaheed will get his touches. And it’s still not enough. We need more explosive plays of 20+ yards. We were not very good in that department. We were second in the league in 40+ plays with 14 but that’s probably because we were underestimated. And that’s just 14 plays. What if we could have 22 plays of 40+ and even more 20+ plays?

With the 40th pick we take Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee.

And now you’re still so worried about the defensive line. We addressed the defense in FA with guys who will start over any rookie we can bring in. And we have more draft picks. With the 71st pick we select Gervon Dexter DT Florida. When I look at Dexter play I am mostly left wondering why he is so slow to get out of his stance. But then I see that he is rarely out of position. I think with coaching he could end up being the best DT in this draft class. He has the physical tools.

The good thing about getting Gibbs at 29 is that you’re not left reaching for a running back in the 3rd and 4th rounds. With the 115 pick we select KJ Henry DE Clemson. We get good potential and depth with this pick as his pass rush and run defense grades are as good as anyone.

With the 146th pick we select Davis Allen TE Clemson. He’s a big contested catch guy. And he blocks well also.

With the 165th pick we select Parker Washington WR Penn State. He runs like a running back after the catch and he has a really high contested catch rate. Parker gives us a receiving core that is 6 deep. We can finally move on from some of the unmentionable guys.

With pick 227 we select Jonah Tavai DT San Diego State. If his game translates to the NFL he’s going to be a real force.

With pick 257 we select Hunter Luepke FB North Dakota State. Excellent blocker, runner and receiver. If he beats out Adam Prentice then he’s really good!

I think the Saints are all smoke about wanted a big defensive lineman or two. I think they have their eyes on Gibbs and Hyatt and will address the defense with the middle picks.

BF695F22-0180-4594-B112-DCEBD67A10CB.png
I could be talked into this draft. It seems like the early WR are all smaller but fast and later guys are the bigger receivers. I like bigger since we have two fast dudes already. So swap out Hyatt for a TE or Jack Campbell (my draft crush) and we’re good to go!

• NO

Bryan Bresee
    DT Clemson

• NO

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida

• NO

Gervon Dexter
    DT Florida

• NO

Zack Kuntz
    TE Old Dominion

• NO

Tyjae Spears
    RB Tulane

• NO

Colby Wooden
    DT Auburn

• NO

Elijah Higgins
    WR Stanford

• NO

Keondre Coburn
    DT Texas

Here is my first mock draft. Let me know what you think.
  • NO

Dalton Kincaid
    TE Utah

• NO

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida

• NO

Keeanu Benton
    DT Wisconsin

• NO

Ji'Ayir Brown
    S Penn State

• NO

Tyjae Spears
    RB Tulane

• NO

Colby Wooden
    DT Auburn

• NO

Aidan O'Connell
    QB Purdue

• NO

Darrell Luter Jr.
    CB South Alabama

pfn-logo-black

O'Cyrus Torrence
OG Florida
trade icon

Mazi Smith
DT Michigan

Siaki Ika
DT Baylor

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane

Sidy Sow
OG Eastern Michigan

Viliami Fehoko
EDGE San Jose State

Stetson Bennett
QB Georgia

• 2024 PHI 3rd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom