Monday Night Lambeau??? (1 Viewer)

LA in October is our go-to game this year.

WHO DAT on Sunday, Disneyland on Monday……let’s go!!!!

Plus I don’t hate the Chargers like I hate the Rams.

Global warming 🌎

Definitely may be warmer than usual, and if this was a day game there would be a small chance of it being warm, but with this being a night game we are almost guaranteed to see lows in at least (most?) the teens come mid to late December when we travel there.

The reason people stand at Lambeau is that the aluminum seats are too cold to sit on. To those wanting to venture to Lambeau in late December, go for it. I hope you enjoy your trip. But you better start looking at hotel rooms now--there are not many in the Green Bay area. I just checked Green Bay hotels, and they are sold out except for a property called the Aloft with rates at $500 per night.

The two times I went to a game in Green Bay I stayed in Appleton, and there is a Rally bus that goes to the game from one of the local bars. You can sign up online. Just keep in mind it is a school bus--it is not a comfortable trip, especially if you have drinking at the bar. It does park only nine blocks or so from the stadium.

And the game is scheduled for December 23, which means you will be flying back on December 24 or 25. On Delta, the cheapest flights to and from Green Bay on Christmas Eve are over $700 and on Christmas Day are over $600.

The NFL could not have picked a worst date for the Saints to play in Green Bay.

Last edited:
Mo-Saints, I am not sure whether a game can be removed from the Monday-night schedule and a Sunday game pushed to Monday night. There are multiple television networks involved. But Green Bay is a television draw. And we are talking Christmas time, and a home city that has extremely limited hotel availability. There are always logistical challenges with flexing, but those challenges seem exponentially greater in Green Bay because of its size and hospitality infrastructure. There are only so many hotel rooms in and flights to Green Bay. And with travel flexibility, add in late December and Christmas. I cannot imagine that there is a chance the game will be flexed off the Monday night ESPN schedule.

Last edited:
The reason people stand at Lambeau is that the aluminum seats are too cold to sit on. To those wanting to venture to Lambeau in late December, go for it. I hope you enjoy your trip. But you better start looking at hotel rooms now--there are not many in the Green Bay area. I just checked Green Bay hotels, and they are sold out except for a property called the Aloft with rates at $500 per night.

The two times I went to a game in Green Bay I stayed in Appleton, and there is a Rally bus that goes to the game from one of the local bars. You can sign up online. Just keep in mind it is a school bus--it is not a comfortable trip, especially if you have drinking at the bar. It does park only nine blocks or so from the stadium.

And the game is scheduled for December 23, which means you will be flying back on December 24 or 25. On Delta, the cheapest flights to and from Green Bay on Christmas Eve are over $700 and on Christmas Day are over $600.

The NFL could not have picked a worst date for the Saints to play in Green Bay.
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh...... May have to alter the Bucket List.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom