More than we need to win this next game, we REALLY need Detroit to step up. (1 Viewer)

HAZE "You play to win the game." That Quote made no since but who care it was a joke and no one knows what that is any way

It'll be great if Detroit can pull the upset, but it's way too soon in the season, IMO, to be thinking along the lines that the Saints "REALLY need" Detroit to win. What is so crucial about this week? There are a lot of games to be played and the Saints are still in full control of their destiny.

Of course I always hope the Falcons lose.

Go Lions!

Hows that? What do Lion fans say?

We need to worry about winning. The title of this thread is totally off base IMO. Us winning is much more important than the falcons losing.

Well said. I tend to be myopic...we need to ficus on winning and playing error free, sound football vs. relying on other people to win games they probably aren't suited too.

Whether we win, lose, or have a bye... It's always nice to see the Falclowns lose! :)

Oh yeah... FYI, Simeon Rice and Shelton Quarles did not practice yesterday and are listed as questionable.

Last edited:
Good example of how it helps to be at least somewhat clear in the thread title. Scanning headers, members can clearly see that this thread is about Detroit. Not so with the other one -- "Big Upset." In fact, it wasn't until the follow up post that the topic of that thread was clear.

I agree... but is it wrong to try to arouse curiosity or be a bit mysterious in this way?

I agree... but is it wrong to try to arouse curiosity or be a bit mysterious in this way?

It's not a "right or wrong" issue, necessarily, just pointing out that it's something we can all be aware of in the interest of minimizing redundancy. Content will fuel a thread moreso than vague headers to arouse interest. I'm not as inclined to merge threads if an existing header was ambiguous to the point it isn't reasonable to expect members to have been aware of the thread topic.

It's not a "right or wrong" issue, necessarily, just pointing out that it's something we can all be aware of in the interest of minimizing redundancy. Content will fuel a thread moreso than vague headers to arouse interest. I'm not as inclined to merge threads if an existing header was ambiguous to the point it isn't reasonable to expect members to have been aware of the thread topic.

I realized that it wasn't getting much notice that's why I simply added in here. Point taken though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom