MVP now a 3 horse race (1 Viewer)

Dang, I've never seen a bunch of fans turn their back on Drew like this. Is this the KC board? I know everyone wants to be "right" about this, but ya'll act like DREW FREAKING BREES has no shot at the MVP.

Enough with the "give up MVP and win the Superbowl" crap. That narrative is so worn out. Lets get homefield advantage and MVP and SB MVP!

Thank-you Saint Kamara for pounding the drum.

Dang, I've never seen a bunch of fans turn their back on Drew like this. Is this the KC board? I know everyone wants to be "right" about this, but ya'll act like DREW FREAKING BREES has no shot at the MVP.

Enough with the "give up MVP and win the Superbowl" crap. That narrative is so worn out. Lets get homefield advantage and MVP and SB MVP!

I agree, it's incredible to hear this BS about Drew having no shot at this.

I started a thread about Lutz and his accuracy amongst all time accurate kickers and you'd swear he was a rookie who may or may not stick around.

Do i think Drew still shoud be in the conversation? Yes. But you need to think with the head of the voters. It's clear it's about being flashy. If the only terrible game by Mahomes he threw 6 TDs, while Drew was terrible against Dallas and Tampa, could not even move the ball, it's clear unless something happen from here to the end of the season they will give Mahomes the MVP.

It's not about giving up on Drew, it's about knowing the line of thinking of people who decides the MVP winner.

youre delusional if you think brees is still ahead of mahomes.
Quite simply this. How people don’t think Mahomes is in the lead is beyond me. There is going to be a lot of disappointing people when the aware is announced.

Mahomes played good tonight, and put up good numbers. Gave his team the lead for 99% of the game against a good chargers team, before the Kansas defense laid an egg. He wasn’t responsible for their loss.

People tho think Brees is in the lead are clutching at straws, they need Mahomes to stink up the joint in the final 2 games for Brees to have a chance, too bad not gonna happen.

No body is saying “Brees isn’t in the conversations”, but at the moment Mahomes is clearly the front fronner. All people can say about Brees is “oh well he’s got a slightly better QBR and slightly higher completion percentage”. Lol, that’s not enough against a guy who’s on pace to throw over 50 touchdowns and a 1000 more yards. Admit it and move on. Thank you, next.

If that’s the truth then why Brees didn’t win it the last couple of times? Especially 2011, He was leading in yards and touchdown.. Brees threw 46 touchdowns and 5476 yards (all time record at that time). I’m not saying he’s a front runner, but it’s closer than you think and it can be debatable on both sides. Look at Heisman this year when Murray won over Tagolovia. It’s tiring to debate when there are 3 more games to be played.

Brees needs to have 350 yards and 3-4 TDs to even get back into the discussion for me. Mahomes is playing that good. Drew throwing for less than 200 yards and 1 TD, and the Saints have a chance to win. Mahomes does that and his team will lose.

Drew is the GOAT but he can't have 3 'MEH' games on the road (in a row). Primetime Monday night game next for us. Show up or get left out!

We’ve seen this show twice before. We just have to accept that when some fluke flash in the pan has a miracle season the voters will award him over Drew’s normal excellence. It’s the way it’s been every other time. Drew’s only chance is a ‘Lifetime Achievment’ Makeup vote

We’ve seen this show twice before. We just have to accept that when some fluke flash in the pan has a miracle season the voters will award him over Drew’s normal excellence. It’s the way it’s been every other time. Drew’s only chance is a ‘Lifetime Achievment’ Makeup vote
A fluke? And what exactly is flukish about mahomes? The guy is a star

Stats are for losers. They usually give the MVP to the best player on the best team. The reason Aaron Rodgers won the MVP in 2011 was because the Packers won more games. If we finish 14-2 and the Chiefs finish 12-4 and Drew plays well the last three games, he will likely win it.

Last edited:
Some eating of the media cheese here. The Chiefs had a 14-point lead with 8 game minutes to go at home - that’s a full team chokejob, not just the defense. Mahomes had the ball back with a chance to eat the clock/get in at least FG range to salt it away and went 3 and out. We can argue percentages of blame, but “great for 3 and a half quarters, did squat on the most critical possession of the game” is not blameless. I’m sure the talking heads will ignore the Chiefs had the ball back with a chance to put the game away and blame it 100% on the defense but we don’t have to.

Last night was the first game I fully watched that Mahomes' played in. He passed my eye test. This young QB is a great pick and whether he's an MVP of the league, he's definitely is the MVP for the Chiefs. Yes, he has some flaws, but so do other QB's. I will say that there where allot of 3rd and long pass plays that had questionable penalties called. IMO the refs kept the Chiefs in the game last night. So, is he the MVP of the league, No....... but he will be soon.

I want Brees to win the MVP badly.

But I don't have words to describe this kid Mahomes. I think he's from another planet. The stuff he pulls out play after play is just mind boggling. And he seems like a good kid with his ego under control.

Stats are for losers. They usually give the MVP to the best player in the best team. The reason Aaron Rodgers won the MVP in 2011 was because the Packers won more games. If we finish 14-2 and the Chiefs finish 12-4 and Drew plays well the last three games, he will likely win it.
This is what I've been saying. It is possible that the Chiefs end up a wild card. If that happens, Brees will get the MVP because how the team finishes plays into the voters minds.

Some eating of the media cheese here. The Chiefs had a 14-point lead with 8 game minutes to go at home - that’s a full team chokejob, not just the defense. Mahomes had the ball back with a chance to eat the clock/get in at least FG range to salt it away and went 3 and out. We can argue percentages of blame, but “great for 3 and a half quarters, did squat on the most critical possession of the game” is not blameless. I’m sure the talking heads will ignore the Chiefs had the ball back with a chance to put the game away and blame it 100% on the defense but we don’t have to.

Who do you think selects the MVP? We aren’t debating as fans who we think should win it, we’re debating who will win it. And Mahomes will.

He makes splash plays, which shouldn’t matter but it does because it’s a dumb award. He puts up video game numbers for touchdowns partly because his defense is awful, which shouldn’t matter but it does because it’s a dumb award.

He had splashier games on prime time, which shouldn’t matter but does because it’s a dumb award.

He had 5 turnovers in one game, but the media won’t care because he threw for 10000 yards and 6 tds or whatever, and the media will blame his defense.

The idea that Saints fans are being criticized for being honest that Mahomes is likely going to win it is silly.

If the award meant ANYTHING to begin with, then Drew friggin Breesus would not likely finish his career either tied or with less MVPs than Matt Ryan and Cam Newton.

If Drew throws for 6 tds on Monday night he’ll be back in it. If he has an incredibly efficient game with a high QBR, but low passing yardage/and td throws, and Kamara makes some crazy splash play where he breaks 5 tackles, then Drew basically has no shot.

Because it’s a dumb award about hype.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom