My reason the Saints will beat the Ravens on Sunday (1 Viewer)

LaPlace DCL

Let's Get It On!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because history is going in reverse this time. In 2006 when we last played the AFC North, we beat Cleveland and lost to Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati. Now this year, we have beaten Pittsburgh and Cincy, but lost to Cleveland. Now you can call me crazy, but if history actually goes in reverse, then it's clear that we will go into Baltimore no matter what the weather is like and come out victorious.

Not only is our team better now then in 2006, but we also have history on our side coming on Sunday

Any thoughts?

"History going in reverse"?

Circle gets the square!

I think you've got something there. History in reverse!

You are reaching if that's your reason. We own more TOP than they do but not by much. Our running game will have to be perfect and they can stuff the run. We are penalized alot more than they are. Either we getting bad calls, PI or false start, etc, Baltimore doesn't do much of that. We have 709 penalty yards to their 555 which is low in the NFL. T/O's are another thing. We turn the ball over 27 times this year while BAL has 17. Whether it's Drew or RB fumbles we can't hold onto the ball.

Weather will also play a factor. If it's 20 or below and snowing, I think Baltimore beats us. I could be wrong but this isn't gonna be a cakewalk. The spread is BAL -2.5 but should be -4.

You are reaching if that's your reason. We own more TOP than they do but not by much. Our running game will have to be perfect and they can stuff the run. We are penalized alot more than they are. Either we getting bad calls, PI or false start, etc, Baltimore doesn't do much of that. We have 709 penalty yards to their 555 which is low in the NFL. T/O's are another thing. We turn the ball over 27 times this year while BAL has 17. Whether it's Drew or RB fumbles we can't hold onto the ball.

Weather will also play a factor. If it's 20 or below and snowing, I think Baltimore beats us. I could be wrong but this isn't gonna be a cakewalk. The spread is BAL -2.5 but should be -4.

I see what you're getting at there. I've just noticed that history doesn't fail when it comes football (i.e. a dome team has yet to win a conference championship on the road outdoors)

I just see this as a reserve of what happened in '06, but I know we can win this game regardless of how good the Ravens D is and the weather. Brees can pick apart that secondary especially if they blitz a lot, the run game will be up in the air, and I know Gregg Williams will be bringing the heat on a young QB like Flacco.

This will be our second most important game of the season and it isn't going to be easy. (You already know which one is first)

I think you are wrong and here's why. The raven's defense has lost a step, it was apparent in the 4th against houston. Their offense isn't overpowering. Houston has one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and still gave them trouble. I have a lot of confidence in our d. Another thing you may have not noticed. Baltimore's o line has some serious problems vs the blitz especially when people send a safety to the outside. It completely tore them up. I'm sure GW has noticed, and will send harper. Brees is gunna have a field day on the ravens weak corners.

Was that your reason in 06 vs the Bears minus Williams?

Do you not realize the importance of Williams? Our defense in 06 was read and react. It was slow and was a bend but don't break style. With GW we are aggressive and cause turnovers instead of waiting for them. our defense that year were thinkers. This year and last, our defense is trained to attack without having to think

Because we're defending SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, that's why!!!

Because we're defending SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, that's why!!!

I like that one even better, forget what I said, Champions always now how to win games no matter who they play

After reading all of the stats and logic put forth in this thread, I vote History In Reverse.

(I plan on attempting to use that phrase in daily conversation - it's awesome)

Because we will score more points than Baltimore.

back_to_the_future.jpg

I think you are wrong and here's why. The raven's defense has lost a step, it was apparent in the 4th against houston. Their offense isn't overpowering. Houston has one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and still gave them trouble. I have a lot of confidence in our d. Another thing you may have not noticed. Baltimore's o line has some serious problems vs the blitz especially when people send a safety to the outside. It completely tore them up. I'm sure GW has noticed, and will send harper. Brees is gunna have a field day on the ravens weak corners.

I might be wrong but it has 0 to do with Houston. Teams play different teams differently. We won't use the same gameplan Houston did. I am not saying we WILL LOSE. We could win but it won't be 20 points. We are a dome team and why that makes a difference I have no idea. 99% of all NFL players cut their teeth on grass and outdoors. In the NFL for some reason a dome team forgets how to win in the elements.

Do you not realize the importance of Williams? Our defense in 06 was read and react. It was slow and was a bend but don't break style. With GW we are aggressive and cause turnovers instead of waiting for them. our defense that year were thinkers. This year and last, our defense is trained to attack without having to think

I do realize the importance of GW. In 2006 we had the number 11 ranked D. It didn't slow the Bears down and the number 1 Offense couldnt put points on the board after Reggie's TD. We have a better Defense and teh Offense is clicking now. Baltimore plays Pittsburgh twice. They know good defenses and how to beat them.

If history is going in reverse now, then I guess we're gonna win another Lombardi. Sounds good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom