My Saints Football Card Collection (1 Viewer)

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score

The video is about twice as long as I wanted it to be lol, but any other collectors out there? If you skip towards the end I have probably my favorite part of my collection, which is the nearly completed Upper Deck SB44 team signed set. I think I'm missing like 3-4 guys. After that shows off some older names, including the Dome Patrol!

I used to be big into football cards back in the 80's and 90s. Would even send them off to get signed by Saints players with a lot of success. However once their value started drastically dropping due to the internet...I quit collecting (I still grab a Saints player card every now and then when I see one.) My 3 funniest football card stories:

1. Sent Willie Roaf a really nice rookie card to get signed. He kept that one, then sent back a really cheap Pro Line card he signed instead

2. I sent Jim Mora a card once to get signed. Send a letter along with it and told him how glad I was that he was our coach. I made the crucial mistake of giving my two cents on Carl Smith's offense being the Achilles heal. Surprisingly I never heard back. The next year I sent the same card, same letter...but without the Carl Smith part. I got the card back signed by Mora himself.

3. Went to a Saints game once where I knew Archie was in the booth. I took along my rookie card in hopes that I could get him to sign it. Well by the end of the game I was semi-drunk and the card ended up getting creased. However, I did find him and he did sign it. So now I have a signed (albeit bent) rookie card of Archie Manning.

I started collecting cards when I was like 5 years old. Stopped around the age of 35 maybe?!?! My collection is “Lit” like the kids say.

That's how I am as well, started collecting as a kid, stopped for a few years, and sort of recently got back into it. But my collecting is more driven by value now than quantity, if that makes sense. I had so many cards, hell I've thrown so many away lol. I now try to steer towards the stuff that has some value (even though I have no intention of selling) or I just find really cool.

I've been collecting football cards since I was a kid back in the 60's. I think it's safe to say that I have around 150,000 cards. I have complete sets from the 80's until today, I have boxes and binders full of Saints cards dating back to the 60's. I do it for the fun of it. I just bought some 2020 Score. With all that's going on it's hard to find cards right now. Unless you go to a card shop or on Ebay. I really like your collection.

i learned really quick that collecting sports cards is not a good idea. but I still spent probably a 1000 dollars in my day

i learned really quick that collecting sports cards is not a good idea. but I still spent probably a 1000 dollars in my day
Honestly if you take a look at the industry now, it's an amazing idea. The returns on some cards are crazy and there are a lot of people treating it as an investment strategy.

Honestly if you take a look at the industry now, it's an amazing idea. The returns on some cards are crazy and there are a lot of people treating it as an investment strategy.

I‘ve made $522 the last 90 days from selling, and I have quite a few I’m holding on to.

Last edited:
I've recently started with a few cards:

2017 Ryan Ramczyk Cracked Ice Rookie Ticket Auto /24

2016 Sheldon Rankins Cracked Ice Rookie Ticket Auto /23

2017 Marshon Lattimore Championship Ticket Auto /25

2019 Deonte Harris Championship Ticket Auto /49

2019 CJ Gardner-Johnson Playoff Ticket Auto /99

2018 Marcus Davenport Bowl Ticket Auto /99

2017 Marcus Williams National Treasures Auto /99

i stopped collecting when i was about 18-20 years old every now and then i will go by a card or 2 just to own it but im not big into anymore, i have alot of good cards and signed stuff. plan on holding onto it all for when i get older see what it all cost.

You rang? :grin:

Yeahhh, you could say I do some card collecting. Collected a little when I was younger and then got out of for many years. Recently came back to it, though. I've always been a collector of things, so it's a hobby that is appealing to my nature. I've got a nice little Saints collection that continues to grow, along with other football and basketball stuff. A TON of Jaxson Hayes cards, some Zions. I do have a Drew Brees 2001 Topps rookie that I need to get graded, as I think it could be a PSA 10.

If you're interested and into that sort of thing, check out my Youtube channel. It's all about me sharing my enjoyment of the hobby.

Niiiiiice! I have all the Funko Pops and other Saints related toys. I should make a video adding them like you did.

great collection

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom