My Saints Football Card Collection (2 Viewers)

I have a few random cards left from a small collection I had as a kid in the early/mid ‘80s. Nothing too valuable. Only Saints in the bunch were the 1982 George Rogers “rookie in action” card (after he had the great rookie season) and a 1986 Wayne Wilson card.

I remember when I was younger my grandpa had a huge collection of NFL cards that he ended up giving to me when I was around six.
I don't remember much about them but they sure looked legit to me back in the day. I remember thanking it was weird that a lot of em' were in thick plastic cases with screws in them haha.
My parents had them locked away in the closet and I slowly forgot about them.
I literally think they left them behind during a move 😣
Or they found out they were worth something and sold them haha.

been a long time since we carried football cards to school in a shoebox and viewed/swapped them during recess (yeah, boomer)

all i have now are these, which were found last year at a garage sale in a shoebox(!) of mint condition nfl cards

made a "shrine" since i was able to find all four, with a blurb for those unfamiliar with the dp

Dome Patrol.jpg

Anyone need this card for their collection? I’ll sell $15 with shipping and tracking included
2AA49697-DD8E-428A-A513-C34A7892650C.jpeg

I had a Vaughn Johnson card back in the day. I knew he was great player, but was too young to realize the greatness of the Dome Patrol.

i learned really quick that collecting sports cards is not a good idea. but I still spent probably a 1000 dollars in my day

Yeah, I used to collect baseball cards when I was young. I looked up the price of them a year or two ago. I couldn't even give them away if I wanted to.

I never really collected cards, but I have a crazy friend that sends me stuff. I was amazed @ all the stuff out there!
I hit an auction a few months ago & picked up a Vaughn Dunbar Rookie card, in the cool little plastic case for $5. It was just too hard to pass up. It was the only NFL card in the auction, we don't get much Saints anything around here.

My Saints FB card collection goes back to a complete set from 1967, the first year. I have complete Saints team sets for most years. There are some years where I'm missing a couple.

1. Sent Willie Roaf a really nice rookie card to get signed. He kept that one, then sent back a really cheap Pro Line card he signed instead

Had Sammy Knight do the same to me.
Sent one to Joe Horn and he sent it back signed "Hollywood"

Wish I would have sent my Hokie rookie card to get signed before he passed.
I have many saints cards from 1967 to 2000 when I got out of collecting.

Had Sammy Knight do the same to me.
Sent one to Joe Horn and he sent it back signed "Hollywood"

Wish I would have sent my Hokie rookie card to get signed before he passed.
I have many saints cards from 1967 to 2000 when I got out of collecting.

That's funny about Knight and Horn. Most of my cards are from the mid 80's up until late 90's. I wish I had gotten Vaughan Johnson to sign his USFL rookie card before he passed. I did get Rickey Jackson to sign his card in person.

Yeah, I used to collect baseball cards when I was young. I looked up the price of them a year or two ago. I couldn't even give them away if I wanted to.

Yep. That is what Ebay and an oversaturation of Card companies has done to the business. Two of the main reasons I stopped collecting.

Nice. You just need a Stan Brock, Eric Martin, and Dave Waymer card.

I used to collect HoFers cards (usually the least expensive seasons).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom