My take on being 9-0 (1 Viewer)

FFSaint

uh, no.
Reaction score
I know everyone is excited about the excellent start this year and such a start for this franchise in unprecedented, but the thing associated with this start that I am most excited about is.....how often do you see a team start out 9-0 and not have it be the beginning of something special? How many teams go into the tank the next year? The Cardinals made it in at 9-7 and just hit playoff mode last year and got to the SB. They don't look to be particularly scary this year. IMO, only elite teams reach this sort of rare air. I think the Saints have the core group of players here to make a run at a few Lombardi trophies.

Look at our roster....who's close to retirement? Sharper? That's it. We're young across the board at skill positions. Drew can at least make it another 5 seasons. Pierre, Bush, Colston, Meach, Devery, pretty much the whole OL came together in '06, Porter, Greer, Elis, Vilma......these guys are peaking or about to peak. The only guys that could be losing ground are Fujita and Shanle.

Guys, sit back and enjoy the Brees with this team's window being WIDE OPEN.

My concern is we "could" have peaked. Playoffs are almost certain but haw far can we go.
I know everyones gunna gripe that I said we "might" have peaked and will give me 1001 reasons we haven't but we aren't playing at the level we did in the first quarter, and it's not injuries that I'm talking about. Our turn-over ratio is getting out of whack and our games are getting closer. I'm not a nay sayer, I'm a concerned fan who knows how hard the second half of the NFL is. The bright side is we keep winning. 9-0 who dat!

I understand your point brother, but I was generally speaking about long-term for this team. BUT, this is the NFL, man. You cannot blow out teams every week. Drew has had the Dropsies/INT flu for the last few games, but we are still winning. We all know that Breesus isnt perfect and he has bad games, but if this team can win in spite of Drew....wow. We won last season because of Drew. When he was off, we definitely lost. This year, our D is getting turnovers. Thats the difference man. We already have as many turnovers this year as we did last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom