N/S Brian Billick Fired as Ravens HC (1 Viewer)

i believe i have seen an interview wuth them on inside the NFL nd they both said they love defense and want to just be DC.

I say yes lets get us one of the ryans either get suggs and the DC from the ravens or get the CB from the raiders and the DC from there which is the other ryan.

I'm not saying he isn't a good DC, but it helps having Ed Reed, Chris McAlister, Ray Lewis,Terrell Suggs, Samari Rolle , and the like..........

ESPN just announced... now we can go after their DC... those Ryan boys are mad scientists... :mwink:

I don't know enough about Payton's past with Gibbs.

But I haven't seen any indication that he is even contemplating firing him.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! The reason that this is funny is because the Ravens are a first-rate organization and will likely be in competition for the best coaches available, which means that the Falcons will have an even harder time finding someone to fill that role for them. They could get Billick, but I do not think that's better than getting Singletary or even Schottenheimer.

Also, I would go after Rex Ryan if available.

I'm not saying he isn't a good DC, but it helps having Ed Reed, Chris McAlister, Ray Lewis,Terrell Suggs, Samari Rolle , and the like..........

Exactly. I don't care who the DC is, he isn't going to have success without the players there.

I don't know enough about Payton's past with Gibbs.

But I haven't seen any indication that he is even contemplating firing him.

Me neither... unfortunately :(

But hey... maybe Loomis will force a fire. :9:

Wishful thinking on my part of course.

Gibbs may get an interview for one of the HC jobs that are about to come available.

Exactly. I don't care who the DC is, he isn't going to have success without the players there.

What do you mean? Are you saying players can't be developed? I am all for a complete house cleaning of the Saints D (players and Gibbs) but I am not sure some of our players couldn't be coached up. I truly don't know of course but just wonder if a better DC could get more out of what we have.

Scheme and defensive playcalling can go a long way towards improving a D. Obviously, you need players, but scheme makes a big difference.

Quite frankly, I think a lot of our scheming has stunk this year. Rex Ryan would be huge for us, but lets be real:

It won't happen.

Scheme and defensive playcalling can go a long way towards improving a D. Obviously, you need players, but scheme makes a big difference.

Quite frankly, I think a lot of our scheming has stunk this year. Rex Ryan would be huge for us, but lets be real:

It won't happen.

I think more that you want to put a scheme into place that lets your strengths take over, which means crafting a defense around guys that can make big plays. The Saints have nobody that can really do that. I would have no problem to find the Saints bringing in Rex Ryan over Gibbs, but unless the team can get it's hands on somebody that can make plays, I don't think Ryan would have much more successes than Gibbs.

Our Defense is the main problem with the Saints and for the defense to improve we need to have play makers on defense.If we can get better players for the defense than we will be able to see if Gibbs is a good DC.We can not have continuity on this team if we want to make changes just to make changes and IMO we need to have continuity on this team to win.If we have better players and still have a poor defense than we will need a new DC.IMHO we can not win if we expect our players to learn a new defensive scheme every year because the dc can not perform miracles with very few good players on defense.Also if we are constantly making changes than we will have a difficult time signing players because they will not want to go to a team who is constantly changing coaches every year to please the fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom