N/S - Bucs Aqib Talib done for season. (1 Viewer)

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bucs CB Aqib Talib is done for the season after tearing a tendon off his hip bone in the team's Week 13 loss to Atlanta.
It's a monster blow to the Bucs' chances of securing a playoff berth in an extremely tight NFC, let alone their outlook for advancing. Easily the team's best player on defense, Talib leads the Bucs in interceptions (6) and pass breakups (11), and is also Tampa's top cover corner by a wide margin. The downgrade to E.J. Biggers is beyond major. Talib at least will avoid surgery. He should be healthy by the start of 2011 spring workouts.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

I hate to see teams lose players to injury...Rough Game to say the least!

Man, sucks for them. Gotta be a pretty crappy Monday in Tampa.

Hopefully this makes our game in Week 17 a little easier, although Talib is never a guy Brees has trouble with anyways...

did anybody really think that they would have secured a playoff spot...they are 0-4 against teams with a winning record....they reek of the 2007 browns

They also have "likely" lost Jeff Faine for the rest of the year, according to PFT. Their playoff shot was pretty much gone after yesterday's loss anyway.

I honestly think that if he had been in the game, TB might have won. Now that he's out for our game, it will make our win easier.

I dislike Talib, quite a punk off the field, but he's pretty dang good on the field.

Lets be honest, Tampa Bay would have been 1 and done in the playoffs unless they had to face an NFC West team.

But they still out performed everyone expectations and then some. I had them winning 5 maybe 6 games this year. The peices are in place, they mature a little bit, add some more weapons thru another draft and FA, they will be giving us headaches for years to come.

Falcons on the other other hand, a flash in the pan. If they dont do it this year they wont get another chance for years to come. Turner will get burned out, players will leave, Abraham is getting old, and Mike Smith is still the coach.

They also have "likely" lost Jeff Faine for the rest of the year, according to PFT. Their playoff shot was pretty much gone after yesterday's loss anyway.
Is this the torn muscles again?

Jeff Faine is confirmed out for the season

TBBuccaneers
For the 2nd straight week, the Bucs have lost 2 starters to IR. C Jeff Faine (triceps) and CB Aqib Talib (hip) are out for the year.

Now that they've lost to the Falcons, I dont care as much. They arent making the playoffs. I just hope we beat them 63-10 for failing to win last weekend.

Now that they've lost to the Falcons, I dont care as much. They arent making the playoffs. I just hope we beat them 63-10 for failing to win last weekend.
This. They failed at their one purpose in life, so I have no more use for them.

Faine's muscles have to still be sore from that sprint he made from NO to Tampa a few years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom