N/S Chicago Bears continue to prove Dennis Green right nearly 17 years later.. (2 Viewers)

And good Lord, I feel very old just saying that press conference occured when I was still in my mid-20's, and yet, this very successful, legendary, dearly-departed NFL HC had enough iron-willed clarity, distinction, and farsighted intelligence to notice and call out the Chicago Bears as being a one-dimensional, unimiganitive, inept, clueless franchise, and team even when their supposedly "good".

The Chicago Bears continue to keep proving yearly, and yet again today with their listless, terrible performances in NFL regular-season and post-season games that they really are what most in the NFL think they are......and unlike Arizona infamously did in their epic, 2006 MNF collapse, the Green Bay Packers aren't letting them off the hook and we can safely crown their arses for it.
Amazing how some of these pundits were hyping Justin Fields in the off season and towards the end of last year like he was becoming one of the better QBs in the NFL. Smh

Running backs who aren't good passers struggle with being a full time Quarterback? Never saw that coming.
That Stroud looked terrible also. He is less mobile and looked pretty bad passing.

Ohio state Qbs are the most over rated players ever. Yet they keep on being picked high

They did have that one great season that most of the U.S. (avg age=38.1) is too young to remember.
e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif

I believe Dennis Green was calling out his Arizona Cardinals for letting the Bears back in the game when it should have been over.

Chicago is a division rival for gb. You can't judge them solely on this one game.
I thought a bit about what it must have been like to be a Bears fan last week.

All offseason they were looking at the NFC North without Aaron Rodgers. They saw the landscape shifting to where them, the Lions and the Vikings would scrap it out for the new perineal favorite.

The Lions go into Arrowhead and upset the defending champs.

Ok, so the Lions might be better than we thought - so all we have to do is go out Sunday and exorcise a green and yellow demon and we are right on schedule.

Green Bay not only beats them - but in Chicago and in a very convincing, Aaron Rodgers like manner.

Whooo, that’s why I love this game.

They did have that one great season that most of the U.S. (avg age=38.1) is too young to remember.
They actually have a number of really good seasons (a total of 9 NFL Championships) Most of them are just all way back in the past....

The most recent solid season was in 2018 when they won their division not more than 5 years ago.

Some of the older seasons...

2006 The season Denny Green made the comment they beat us and went to the Superbowl.
1984-1991 a pretty solid stretch of wining seasons
1963 11-1-2 Doug Atkins Mike Ditka TE not coach won the NFL Championship
1942 11-0 undefeated regular season but lost the championship game
1941 10-1 Luckman/McAfee won the Championship game 37-9
1933 Bill Hewitt and Bronko Nagurski 10-2-1 won the NFL Championship

They actually have a number of really good seasons (a total of 9 NFL Championships) Most of them are just all way back in the past....

The most recent solid season was in 2018 when they won their division not more than 5 years ago.

Some of the older seasons...

2006 The season Denny Green made the comment they beat us and went to the Superbowl.
1984-1991 a pretty solid stretch of wining seasons
1963 11-1-2 Doug Atkins Mike Ditka TE not coach won the NFL Championship
1942 11-0 undefeated regular season but lost the championship game
1941 10-1 Luckman/McAfee won the Championship game 37-9
1933 Bill Hewitt and Bronko Nagurski 10-2-1 won the NFL Championship
With all due respect to everyone that coached and played during that time, but it’s hard to take those 20s-‘40s championships seriously when there were so few teams and about three or four relocations every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom