N/S Colt Brennan dead at 37 (1 Viewer)

I remember watching that Hawaii team a lot in 2006 thinking they deserved a chance at a better bowl. Of course I believe they got absolutely destroyed by UGA, but regardless Colt Brennan was fun to watch. If I recall he ended up on the Redskins practice squad or maybe even their final 53 man roster for a little bit but never really did much in the NFL. Still very tragic and way too young. Prayers to his family and loves ones.

Insane that he threw for over 5500 yards and 58 TDs in 2006 and only finished 6th in the Heisman. Get that Hawaii plays far far west in a small conference but still to think there were 5 players deemed better that year is ridiculous.

Last edited:
My kid’s mom is from Hawaii. She once bought me a Colt Brennan jersey while she was out there for a funeral (I was a huge Colt fan). Then, my job sent me to D.C. for some training and Colt was then on the Redskins team. Ironically, their training camp was going on not too far from the area that I was staying at. A different city, but driving distance. Their training camp was cool, but they only allowed 3 players to mingle with the crowd and sign autographs. That day the 3 assigned players were Cooley, some WR (who never made the active roster, believe his name was Marques Hasgans or something like that), and Jason Campbell. I believe if you paid money, then you would be assigned an allotted time to meet more, but I wasn’t paying for that. I kept quiet and let the Skins fans do their thing screaming at their favorite players passing by. Once, I saw Colt, I screamed “Yo Colt, I named my son after you”!!! I was lying, I was just trying to get his attention, which I did. He stretched his neck to see who said that. The crowd looks back at me, Colt said to let me through, the sea parted, and I held up his Hawaii jersey. Kindly, the crowd ushered me to the fence where he was walking. Remember, that he was not assigned to mingle with the crowd. He came over and held a conversation with me. He was very impressed that I actually indeed had his collegiate jersey. After the conversation, he said that he was willing to sign the jersey for me, and he did. He was a really cool guy. I still have that jersey actually. I could upload pictures of it tomorrow, when I make it back home. This news saddens me. I was really hoping that he would go on to do great things in the NFL or life for that matter. Geez.

Added the pic of the jersey. Not sure why it’s loading sideways?!?!

Attachments

• 8CD1DDFE-965E-409A-9342-764372E54594.jpeg
    8CD1DDFE-965E-409A-9342-764372E54594.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Man that’s sad. Tried to check himself into rehab earlier that day but got turned away.

Opioids are bad, bad news.
Yeah it really is sad that mental health system is such as in America. If i recall correctly he's dealt with mental health issues his whole youth through adult life.

My most fav. UH QB.. smh.. wayyyyyy to young.. was hoping he was gonna be a Saint to backup DB.. Saints draft Tyler Melhalf (kicker), and the Skins took Colt 3 picks later.. Rest in Aloha Mr. Brennan!

Colt.jpg

Colt.jpg

NW.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom