N/S: Goodell spoke here in N. Carolina (Subj: Making Football SAFER) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Imagine that!

Roger Goodell -- NFL 'can, must' make football safer - ESPN

"We know that in order to secure the future, we can and must do more to make the game safer, and in the process, we will make other sports safer as well," Goodell said.

Goodell called for "a culture of safety for every sport" and welcomes the national conversation about player safety and the growing issue of concussions.

He spoke at UNC Chapel Hill. About 40 miles from my house, as the crow flies. Wouldn't waste my time to go see him, though.

I'm all for player safety, but not at the expense of making the game glorified flag football. Jack Lambert foretold this years ago when he said: "I believe we ought to put all QB's in dresses."

:gosaints:

The NFL asked me to donate (on behalf of my store) for an event held here in Charlotte last month. The event was for player safety. I was asked to be present (at no charge), so of course, I agreed. The weeks leading up to the event, I contacted them to go over specifics. I asked their contact about my seating arrangement and she asked if had bought my ticket? I told her, we had agreed that I was not going to be charged, since I was going to provide donations. I also told her that they were the 1st organization to ever try to charge me, to be part of an event. The nerve of the NFL.

4 games in 19 days. Roger Goodell and the NFL have no credibility on this issue.

Join us next week as North Carolina welcomes Ron Jeremy for a talk on the importance of abstinence education.

"We can make football safer... by adding more games to the schedule and having a team in England so that it's opponents only have 3 days of rest before the game because flying halfway around the globe does wonders for recuperation..."- King Cabron

You know what? I'm ok with the goal of making the sport safer. What I am not ok with is misrepresenting the truth, smearing the good name of players and coaches, and outright lies.

I know you're the son of a politician and all, Mr. Goodell, but the ends do not justify the means.

You know what? I'm ok with the goal of making the sport safer. What I am not ok with is misrepresenting the truth, smearing the good name of players and coaches, and outright lies.

I know you're the son of a politician and all, Mr. Goodell, but the ends do not justify the means.

I don't know of too many who disagree.

All said, if Goodell is allowed to water-down the NFL to make it glorified flag football, he will have essentially KILLED the sport. :tombstone:

We're already going down that road. I hope it doesn't come to that.

:gosaints:

The NFL is undoubtedly doomed in case no one realizes it. Pete Rozelle is turning over in his grave with what this piece of work has done and will do to the league.

Its a shame we have a guy who's never played a down of football in his life running the game smh

Right! We need a guy like Pete Rozelle!

What's that? He never played a down of football in his life?

Oh dear...

Its a shame we have a guy who's never played a down of football in his life running the game smh

He did play, until he shredded his knee in college.

It's just a shame that we have we have HIM running the game. Tagliabue wasn't a player and he was just fine.

I broke my fibula playing Hockey about 3 months ago, and I still would like to lace up and check this doofus face first into the boards.

Please Rodg, no one is going to look to you as an example on how to make sports safer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom