N/S Have you lost respect for Mike Shanahan? (1 Viewer)

Have you lost respect for Coach Shanahan?

• Yes

Votes: 130 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 17.0%
  • I never thought much of him to begin with

Votes: 89 33.7%

• Total voters

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The way he has handled both the Haynesworth and now the McNabb situation?

The way he has handled both the Haynesworth and now the McNabb situation?

I didn't vote Reggie.

I don't like Shanahan.

I felt fine with the Haynesworth situation, he wasn't a team player IMO.

McNabb?

Hmmm, there is more to this than meets the eye.

Someone tell me about it.

ddd

I guess with him being in the AFC, I never paid much attention to him other than the fact that he had won 2 SBs. I gave him too much credit and didn't realize how overrated he really is. So I voted yes. He's full of himself.

The handling of the Haynesworth situation was enough for me.
Give a man 100 mil you design the defense around HIM
That would be like the Saints paying Drew 20 mil per year and try to be a running team

That would be like the Saints paying Drew 20 mil per year and try to be a running team

Or converting into a 3-4 when Vilma expressed to them that that is exactly what he didn't want. I know Haynesworth definitely could've handled this better but Vilma was unhappy in NY because of the 3-4.

I voted no because as soon as I saw he took the Redskins job and hired his son and then Haslett (!), I could see this was a fail.

Basic Redskins.

Had no respect to lose.

I've never had respect him. He thinks he can just treat the media like complete garbage, you can't do something dumb then be ****** when you get asked about it and not to mention he's a control freak. He is also one of if not the most overrated coach of all time, Broncos won their superbowls because of John Elway not Shannahan.

The mistake was made when he brought in Haslett to coach a 3-4 defense. They actually were pretty solid as a 4-3 D. If LaRon Landry wasn't a sucker, they probably would have beaten us last year.

I didn't vote Reggie.

I don't like Shanahan.

I felt fine with the Haynesworth situation, he wasn't a team player IMO.

McNabb?

Hmmm, there is more to this than meets the eye.

Someone tell me about it.

ddd

I agree that Haynesworth is a bit of a cancer, but my issue is the way Shanahan handled it just as childishly as Haynesworth. Shanahan should have been above all that.

Zorn was head coach when they signed Haynesworth, and he clearly had no say in anything. It was a Snyder signing and a stupid signing (redundant?) and after how he acted in 2009 even, the Skins had every reason to want him gone. But going to 3-4 was pretty dumb in general. The only player they had suited for 3-4 was Orakpo, and it made guys like Haynesworth and Andre Carter a lot less effective.

Snyder needs a GM and a coach that have the balls to tell him to lay off and that his past moves are complete crap. I respect Shanahan for being able to do that, but unfortunately his and Bruce Allen's decisions haven't panned out much better.

The change to a 3-4 made their defense go from really good to bad.
It also p**** O**** Haynesworth then he treated him like a rookie.
Took McNabb out of the 2 minute Offense at the end of that one game.
Then lied about why he did it.
Benches Mcnabb for the rest of the season so he can see what Rex Grossman has.
We have all seen Rex. He can be pretty good when there is no pressure.
Pressure him and he is awful.
Don't trust him and think he has some major issues.

After watching how he's screwing up the McNabb situation I'm pretty sure it was his fault the Haynesworth situation got so bad. Anyway, what kind of moron takes a great 4-3 defense and turns it into a bad 3-4 defense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom