N/S Sick to my Stomach (1 Viewer)

You are letting recency bias cloud ur judgement .. dont look at just what happened 12 hours ago, look at the TOTALITY of Mahomes trajectory so far.. and never forget that pre-Mahomes, Sean Payton was a MORE ACCOMPLISHED head coach than Andy Reid was.. Mahomes would be an even better QB under Payton than he is under Reid, there i said it .
I run from recency bias..lol. The Chiefs offense has been sputtering all season since Mahomes has a roster of WRs equivalent to what Alex Smith had from 2013-2016. Truth is, Spags defense got Reid his first Super Bowl. And all CSP had on Reid was the SB. Win % and division titles/playoff wins went to Reid. Truth is, when you look at what Reid had to go against with the Eagles, it makes sense and was less to do with choking and literally playing the best teams in the league.

I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT as a lifelong Saints fan, as im sure most of us are.. and as a season ticket holder, which im sure many of us are- when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on Brees .. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .
Why didn't Sean move up to draft Mahomes?

Are we not the kings of moving up to get "our guy"?

Come on bro, reading comprehension.. i didnt say *is*, i said *was*.. How many Super Bowls did Reid win pre-Mahomes ? How many did Payton win ?? Ill hang up and listen .
Please keep the phone down then. This man may not have a lot of playoff success before Mahomes but he has gotten his team to many post season than Payton has. Payton may gotten us A super bowl ring, he hasn't been all that successful in the playoffs either. Payton went through stretches of not making the post season.

Please go down and see his accomplishment and tell me does he compare to Payton. Love Payton but be real here. Andy Reid make be a better coach than Bill Belichick.

I wasn’t thinking about any of this until I opened this thread. When I saw “sick to my stomach”, I was coming to see if I could offer some assistance. Instead, I get hit with this. :mad:

I know what you mean MBS. I felt sick to my stomach when, in 1988, the Saints drafted Craig Heyward instead of Thurman Thomas. I mean, Ironhead was great and all, but he wasn't Thurman Thomas. I did get over it eventually.

I know what you mean MBS. I felt sick to my stomach when, in 1988, the Saints drafted Craig Heyward instead of Thurman Thomas. I mean, Ironhead was great and all, but he wasn't Thurman Thomas. I did get over it eventually.
We already had Dalton. Pointless to draft another halfback when a full back who can run and catch like a half back was there. Wasn't too crazy about the pick myself but I was young and I didn't know any better.

I'm curious how much that changes the remaining trajectory of that 2017 draft.

Arguably the greatest draft in Saints history......but without knowing what the Saints would've had to give up to move into that spot for Mahomes, who do we NOT end up with?

Obviously we don't end up with Lattimore......but do we still get Kamara?

Or is it merely a case of "who cares, we got Mahomes...everything else can figure itself out over the next few seasons"? That 2017 draft literally took us from the usual 7-9 nonsense to SB contender as the season wore on..
Yep.....one thing that we ignore is Mahomes took over a 10-6 on an upward trajectory whose defense let them down in the playoffs. He threw 50TDs and only won 2 more games than the year prior..lol
Please keep the phone down then. This man may not have a lot of playoff success before Mahomes but he has gotten his team to many post season than Payton has. Payton may gotten us A super bowl ring, he hasn't been all that successful in the playoffs either. Payton went through stretches of not making the post season.
Yeah, he had plenty playoff success in Philly. We never look at the big picture of it all....
-2001 - Lost to the Greatest Show on Turf (should have won the Super Bowl but Bill Belichick likes his cameras)
-2002 - Lost to Tampa Bay (defense allowed less that 13 points a game)
-2003 - Lost to the Panther
-2004 - Lost in the SB to the Patriots

Even with Mahomes, they go into every one of those games as underdogs..

Please go down and see his accomplishment and tell me does he compare to Payton. Love Payton but be real here. Andy Reid make be a better coach than Bill Belichick.

I heard you yammering on non-sensically so i picked up the phone again.. i judge head coaches by Super Bowl wins above all else.. sorry if that offends you, but i will die on that hill.. pre-Mahomes , Sean had taken care of business, and Andy had not.. PRE-Mahomes .

To a lesser extent we HAD Lamar sitting right there and yet we trade away picks for a player that probably won't even be in the NFL in the next 3 years. Dav was a bust for us. Of course it's all hindsight.

The fact that they didn't make QB a main focus knowing Brees was close to leaving with those 1-year deals is why we sit here still looking for QB for the future because Carr isn't the long-term solution.

I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT as a lifelong Saints fan, as im sure most of us are.. and as a season ticket holder, which im sure many of us are- when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on Brees .. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .
They traded up for Davenport and Turner. But not for Mahomes. Maybe I am wrong.

I run from recency bias..lol. The Chiefs offense has been sputtering all season since Mahomes has a roster of WRs equivalent to what Alex Smith had from 2013-2016. Truth is, Spags defense got Reid his first Super Bowl. And all CSP had on Reid was the SB. Win % and division titles/playoff wins went to Reid. Truth is, when you look at what Reid had to go against with the Eagles, it makes sense and was less to do with choking and literally playing the best teams in the league.
Spags was terrible here. Why.

Imagine being a Panthers fan, missed out on Stroud and would have had your pick of Caleb/Maye/JD this year if you hadn't made that trade last year. Instead you're stuck with Bryce.

To a lesser extent we HAD Lamar sitting right there and yet we trade away picks for a player that probably won't even be in the NFL in the next 3 years. Dav was a bust for us. Of course it's all hindsight.

The fact that they didn't make QB a main focus knowing Brees was close to leaving with those 1-year deals is why we sit here still looking for QB for the future because Carr isn't the long-term solution.
We were never going to draft Lamar, I'm willing to bet he wasn't even on their board

We were never going to draft Lamar, I'm willing to bet he wasn't even on their board
Yea we were going for the short-term winning formula. Like I said earlier this is all hindsight on my part and at the time Dav looked like he might pan out but we all know the Saints don't usually draft a QB in the first or at all and when they do they usually don't work out.

Lamar probably wasn't on their board because if he was you would think he would be a Saint right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom